Use the owner's userId to create meeting

Description
I’m trying to create a meeting but having a problem with {userId}, I tried me/email/accountId but it returns 200 without any content.

I have read that to get userId i should request it on /users api but the scope of my oauth is limited to creating meetings only.

I am not sure if the problem is the userId or my request. If someone can clarify and point me to the right direction, it will be a big help. Thanks!

This is the body of my request:
“topic” => “test-raymond”
“type” => 2
“start_time” => “2020-12-03T00:00:00Z”
“duration” => 60
“timezone” => “America/Los_Angeles”
“password” => “dzWgcJyo”
“settings” => [▼
“host_video” => false
“participant_video” => false
“cn_meeting” => false
“in_meeting” => false
“join_before_host” => false
“mute_upon_entry” => false
“watermark” => false
“use_pmi” => false
“approval_type” => 1
“registration_type” => 2
“audio” => “both”
“auto_recording” => “none”
“registrants_email_notification” => true
]

Error
Error code 200 without contents

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/users/{userId}/meetings

Hey @momodev19,

Can you confirm that the meeting wasn’t successfully created by verifying in your upcoming meetings in the Zoom UI? A 200 response is a success message, so I’d like to rule out that the meeting wasn’t actually created :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

The meeting was not created. I’m confused why it returns a 200 when the documentation doesn’t have a 200 response.

Thanks

Hey @momodev19,

It looks like the endpoint that you are using is incorrect. When creating a meeting for a user, the endpoint should start with /user instead of /meetings. You can see this outlined in the API documentation.

Please try using the endpoint: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you for pointing that out. I completely missed it. I can now create a meeting via API.

1 Like

Hey @momodev19,

I’m glad to hear that resolved your issue! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.