Use Zoom API for an App like ClubHouse

Hi all

We are planning to design a mobile app, similar to ClubHouse for about 1000 users. We are considering the Zoom API integration for the drop-in voice chat room service. We would like to know about the following questions:

1. Is there any extra payment in addition to the license we should purchase for supporting the 1000 users conference call? In other words, can we pay a flat rate per year for 1000 users, or should we pay per minute also?

2. If we use Zoom API, would it take us out of our app and open the Zoom app, and chat and conference will continue there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi @mohoti ,

I encourage you to check out our Meeting and Video SDK options for a mobile app design with in-app service.

As far as pricing I cannot speak to this with full certainty and without understanding your end-product build/app flow. It would be best to connect with our Sales team :slight_smile:

Best,
Gianni

Thank you for your response @gianni.zoom .

Unfortunately, I can’t find my answer in the SDK documentation, or not sure if I looked in the right place. Before contacting the Sales team, I need to know if Zoom can run in-app (i.e. in our app), without opening the Zoom application.

I would greatly appreciate it if you or one of the technical members could help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Hi @mohoti yes it can with the video SDK. You’ll be able to have a customizable video “sessions” experience.

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.