User login with the ClientWebSDK

I would like to develop an app that uses the Client web sdk. I already did some tests with the sample projects and what I noticed is that joining a meeting does not require login. However when I go through the terms and conditions it’s written that:

7.2. End Users shall be Subscribers to Services. Licensee must use best efforts to ensure that Zoom Applications do not permit End Users who are not Subscribers to access or use the Services. In the event Licensee discovers that an End User is not a Subscriber, Licensee shall use best efforts to prevent that End User from using the Zoom Application.

How can I integrate the web sdk without breaching the terms?

I found this reply https://devforum.zoom.us/t/can-anyone-join-without-login/37022/2

The user don’t have to login with a zoom login?
Not unless you want them to:

I am confused, the terms are saying one thing but the reply does not encourage the terms. Am I interpreting the terms incorrectly?

Graceful bumping the thread

Hey @stanxp ,

Let me get back to you on this. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @stanxp ,

Can you please confirm where you found those terms? The link would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, thank you for your reply. Here are the terms App Marketplace Terms of Service - Zoom

Hey @stanxp ,

I have confirmed those are our old Zoom API License and Terms of Use terms.

Please see the latest terms here: App Marketplace Terms of Service - Zoom

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.