User.presence_status_updated and user.personal_notes_updated events do not contain the canonical Zoom user ID

Description

When logged into Version: 5.0.2 (24030.0508) of the Zoom macOS app, the user.presence_status_updated and user.personal_notes_updated events delivered to my app’s event subscription URL contain a different user ID in the payload.object.id field than the one returned by the Get a User API endpoint for my user.

Ideally, I’d expect these IDs to match, allowing me to correctly route the event to the right user of my app.

Is anyone else able to replicate, and is this expected? Is there a workaround to map these IDs to one another?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

OAuth, user-managed app.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create an OAuth, user-managed app, add an event subscription with the user.presence_status_updated and user.personal_notes_updated events.
  2. Install the app to your developer account.
  3. Log into a macOS client Zoom app with the developer account.
  4. Update your status or personal notes. The events should arrive at your event subscription URL, and you’ll note that the IDs contained in the payload.object.id field do not match your Zoom user ID.

Hey @dylan,

That is strange! Can you send the User Presence Status Updated Webhook JSON and the user ID you are expecting it to be to developersupport@zoom.us so we can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like