Users seeing 500 errors when logging in with Zoom

Description
We have an app (https://zmurl.com) that uses Zoom OAuth + redirect to allow users to sign in. Users have reported seeing 500 errors when logging in with Zoom.

These errors do not happen every time. But they are very troubling because it means that users cannot log into ZmURL.

Error
From my testing:

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to zmurl.com
  2. Click on Sign in With Zoom
  3. Try signing in
  4. The error will happen every few logins

Hey @victor-zmurl,

I was not able to reproduce this.

Please let me know if you continue to see this issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy yes we are still seeing this and it is a huge issue for us as we have all of our users login with Zoom…

I just reproduced this issue shown below. I went to zmurl.com and clicked Sign In with Zoom. Then entering my correct password does not work.

But when I enter in the same password on the zoom-us login page (by loading the URL directly, not redirecting), the same password works.

I noticed that the direct zoom-us login page has a captcha, but the ZmURL redirect login page does not have a captcha. Could that be causing the issue?

(I put zoom-us instead of zoom-dot-us because I don’t have permission to put more than one link in a post…)

Hey @victor-zmurl ,

Please see the work around here:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thank you. Yes, we have already figured that out and told users to do sign in at zoom-us if they report an issue.

But we can’t tell everyone that’s how they have to sign in to our app…

Is there anything else we can do in the meantime? I appreciate the work you do, but this is really crushing our business.

1 Like

Hey @victor-zmurl,

I just tested and it should be working now. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy! We haven’t had recent issues.

How do we prevent something like this in the future?

Also, is there a place where we can see the roadmap / plans for the Zoom API? There is a lot we want to add to our product :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @victor-zmurl,

Happy to hear it is working! We will make sure this does not happen again.

Yes, you can see upcoming changes here :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy