Using both Client SDK and Video SDK in Android project

I want to use both ClientSDK and VIdeoSDK in my project. Unfortunately, when I import 2 .aar files into my project. The build failed due to a duplicate class error and an Android linking resoures error. How can I config to exclude duplicate classes and solve the linking problem?

I am using VideoSDK v1.0.2 and ClientSDK v5.5.1
I change name of “mobilertc.aar” VideoSDK to mobilertc_video.aar

Execution failed for task ':app:checkDebugDuplicateClasses'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.CheckDuplicatesRunnable
   > Duplicate class com.zipow.cmmlib.AppContext found in modules mobilertc-runtime (:mobilertc:) and mobilertc_video-runtime (:mobilertc_video:)
Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'.
> A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.res.LinkApplicationAndroidResourcesTask$TaskAction
   > Android resource linking failed
     ERROR:/Users/theanh/.gradle/caches/transforms-2/files-2.1/94c20a622782c1bc1af302bd3e002343/mobilertc/res/values/values.xml:58:5-70: AAPT: error: resource color/zm_v1_yellow_100 (aka com.aic.myapplication:color/zm_v1_yellow_100) not found.

Hi @anhvt2aic, thanks for the post.

Currently we do not support the usage of both of these SDKs in the same Android project. Since there are similar components involved in both the Video and Meeting SDKs, one or both of these SDKs may misbehave if used in the same app in addition to the build errors you are seeing.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.