Android Resource Linking Failed

Description
I am integrating “mobilertc.aar” && “commonlib.aar” in my android app. At compile time i am receiving error
‘AAPT: error: resource style/TextAppearance.Design.Tab (aka com.example.zoom:style/TextAppearance.Design.Tab) not found.
error: resource style/Theme.Design.Light.BottomSheetDialog (aka com.example.zoom:style/Theme.Design.Light.BottomSheetDialog) not found.
error: failed linking references.’

Please help me in that.

and one more thing, do we have any version which support on minSdkVersion 19?

I am using “v4.6.15086.0209”.

1 Like

Same here. Everything was building fine until I upgraded to v4.6.15086.0209. Tried a clean build, did not help.

Hi,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. The minSDKVersion that we support is 21 and we do not have any other version that could support minSdkVersion 19.

Please add the dependencies in your build.gradle file and it should fix the issue you are facing:

dependencies {
    implementation 'androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.0'
    implementation 'androidx.recyclerview:recyclerview:1.0.0'
    implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0'
    implementation 'androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:1.1.3'
    implementation 'com.google.android.material:material:1.0.0-rc01'
    implementation project(':commonlib')
    implementation project(':mobilertc')
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
}

Hope this helps. Thanks!

3 Likes

just FYI, in the latest version of gradle if you add:

>>>> implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])

The duplicateclasscheck task will complain, hence:

is perfectly fine…

Regards!

Hi jm.cazaresg,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing the tips! :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Android Resource Linking Failed:

What went wrong:
Could not determine the dependencies of task ‘:app:lintFix’.

Could not resolve all artifacts for configuration ‘:app:releaseCompileClasspath’.
Could not find :commonlib:.
Required by:
project :app
Could not find :mobilertc:.
Required by:
project :app
can u please help me to solve this issue.

I am seeing the same issue on my Android builds. Has anyone seen this recently?

Hi @nitin1,

Can you please provide the exact error you are seeing so that we may investigate?

Thanks!

@jon.zoom I was able to resolve this issue. It seems like some intermediary SDK you had 5.4.xx (unfortunately my dev did not store the exact version in README) was not linking properly. After moving to the latest SDK this issue went away. The reason we did not move to the new SDK sooner was that we were seeing a crash which has now been resolved.

Hi @nitin1,

That’s great that the issue is resolved after updating to the latest version! Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new post if you run into any additional problems.

Thanks!

Caused by: com.android.builder.internal.aapt.v2.Aapt2Exception: Android resource linking failed
/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/activity_media_player.xml:7: AAPT: error: attribute controller_layout_id (aka com.example.zoomsdk:controller_layout_id) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/activity_media_player.xml:7: AAPT: error: attribute fastforward_increment (aka com.example.zoomsdk:fastforward_increment) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/activity_media_player.xml:7: AAPT: error: attribute rewind_increment (aka com.example.zoomsdk:rewind_increment) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:32: AAPT: error: resource style/ExoMediaButton.Rewind (aka com.example.zoomsdk:style/ExoMediaButton.Rewind) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:32: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_rew (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_rew) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:35: AAPT: error: resource style/ExoMediaButton.Play (aka com.example.zoomsdk:style/ExoMediaButton.Play) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:35: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_play (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_play) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:38: AAPT: error: resource style/ExoMediaButton.Pause (aka com.example.zoomsdk:style/ExoMediaButton.Pause) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:38: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_pause (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_pause) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:41: AAPT: error: resource style/ExoMediaButton.FastForward (aka com.example.zoomsdk:style/ExoMediaButton.FastForward) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:41: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_ffwd (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_ffwd) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:57: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_position (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_position) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:67: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_progress_placeholder (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_progress_placeholder) not found.

/Users/jobin/Workspace/zoomsample/Zoomsdk/mobilertc/build/.transforms/e1218a33c5056e35fe254bc869b065e3/mobilertc/res/layout/media_player_playback_control.xml:72: AAPT: error: resource id/exo_duration (aka com.example.zoomsdk:id/exo_duration) not found.

issue exist for me

android {
compileSdkVersion 30
buildToolsVersion “29.0.2”
defaultConfig {
applicationId “com.example.zoomsdk”
minSdkVersion 21
targetSdkVersion 30
versionCode 1
versionName “1.0”
testInstrumentationRunner “androidx.test.runner.AndroidJUnitRunner”
}
buildTypes {
release {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile(‘proguard-android-optimize.txt’), ‘proguard-rules.pro’
}
}
}

dependencies {
//implementation ‘androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.0’
//implementation ‘androidx.recyclerview:recyclerview:1.0.0’
implementation fileTree(dir: ‘libs’, include: [’*.jar’])
implementation ‘androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.2’
implementation ‘androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:1.1.3’
testImplementation ‘junit:junit:4.12’
androidTestImplementation ‘androidx.test.ext:junit:1.1.0’
androidTestImplementation ‘androidx.test.espresso:espresso-core:3.1.1’
implementation ‘com.google.android.material:material:1.2.1’
implementation project(path: ‘:mobilertc’)
implementation project(path: ‘:commonlib’)
}

Hi @jobin0484, thanks for using our SDK.

It seems that there are some dependencies missing from your project. If you look at the mobilertc/build.gradle file in the sample app, you can find the required dependencies. Below I’ve included the dependencies required for the 5.7.1 release, but if you are on an earlier version they may be different.

configurations.create("default")
artifacts.add("default", file('mobilertc.aar'))

dependencies.add("default","androidx.security:security-crypto:1.1.0-alpha02")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.crypto.tink:tink-android:1.5.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.12.3")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-ui:2.12.3")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.swiperefreshlayout:swiperefreshlayout:1.0.0")

dependencies.add("default","androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:1.1.3")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.material:material:1.2.0-alpha03")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.code.gson:gson:2.8.1")
dependencies.add("default","com.github.bumptech.glide:annotations:4.11.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.github.bumptech.glide:glide:4.11.0")

Thanks!

Hi there @jon.zoom. I am attempting to upgrade from v5.0.24437.0708 to v5.7.1.1268
I have the exact same issue I think. The remedy you provided has not worked for me:
I get this error
:[ROOTFOLDER]\mobilertc\build\.transforms\6a76e10e7a62612785b45f017ec8ce38\transformed\jetified-mobilertc\res\values\values.xml:59:5-69: AAPT: error: resource color/zm_v1_blue_600 (aka [MY_BUNDLE_ID]:color/zm_v1_blue_600) not found.

I have the gradle file in the mobilertc folder at the root of my project identical to the one above, and I have made sure all the versions of the packages required in the gradle files in my other projects match those required in mobilertc. I have also run file/invalidate caches and restart. I’m at a loss! Any help is welcome.

Hi @a.diament,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing build issues after updating. Can you please provide the dependencies you have added for the SDK so we can verify that everything you need is there?

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom

I have used the build.gradle file in the mobilertc folder exactly as received in the download. It looks like this:

configurations.create("default")
artifacts.add("default", file('mobilertc.aar'))
dependencies.add("default","androidx.security:security-crypto:1.1.0-alpha02")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.crypto.tink:tink-android:1.5.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-core:2.12.3")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.exoplayer:exoplayer-ui:2.12.3")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.swiperefreshlayout:swiperefreshlayout:1.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:1.1.3")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.material:material:1.2.0-alpha03")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.code.gson:gson:2.8.1")
dependencies.add("default","com.github.bumptech.glide:annotations:4.11.0")
dependencies.add("default","com.github.bumptech.glide:glide:4.11.0")

Additionally I have a master build.gradle for the whole app. I have included the dependencies I am using in this file too in case I have a clash you can spot.

App Level build.gradle

def arch_comp_version = "2.2.0"
    def koin_version = "2.1.5"
    def mockk_version = "1.10.0"
    def appCenterSdkVersion = '3.2.2'
    def kotlin_version = "1.5.31"

implementation "com.microsoft.appcenter:appcenter-analytics:${appCenterSdkVersion}"
    implementation "com.microsoft.appcenter:appcenter-crashes:${appCenterSdkVersion}"
    implementation "org.koin:koin-android-viewmodel:$koin_version"
    implementation "org.koin:koin-android:$koin_version"
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    implementation "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jdk7:$kotlin_version"
    implementation 'androidx.core:core-ktx:1.3.0'
    implementation 'androidx.legacy:legacy-support-v4:1.0.0'

// Kotlin
    implementation "androidx.navigation:navigation-fragment-ktx:$arch_comp_version"
    implementation "androidx.navigation:navigation-ui-ktx:$arch_comp_version"
    implementation "androidx.lifecycle:lifecycle-viewmodel-ktx:$arch_comp_version"
    implementation "androidx.lifecycle:lifecycle-extensions:$arch_comp_version"
    implementation 'com.jakewharton.timber:timber:4.7.1'
    implementation 'pub.devrel:easypermissions:3.0.0'

Also:
compileSdkVersion 30
multiDexEnabled true
minSdkVersion 26
targetSdkVersion 30

@jon.zoom It turns out I forgot to update my copy of the commonlib from the distribution. I did that and then I just needed to go through changing the calls to the deprecated stuff, and now I got it working. Please thank the team for the change log pdf which was very helpful.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new topic with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: