Using end user zoom account with the websdk to start meetings

Description
I’m trying to setup an app where my users that already have their own zoom accounts can use my website to create and start meetings. It looks like creating the meeting is done through the zoom API, but what I’m trying to figure out is if it’s possible to start/join the meeting using the end user’s account instead of our developer account. The ZoomMtg.join function uses a signature and API key, which is working correctly with my account’s JWT API keys (in the https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web sample app I cloned). But I want the end user to start/join the meeting with their own zoom accounts (i.e. using their API keys, which I don’t have). Is that possible? I am assuming that there would be problems if I tried to let multiple end users use my API key to both host and join the same meeting multiple times. Additionally, if there were 2 meetings occurring simultaneously it sounds like using the same API keys would only work for one meeting at a time.

Error
Generating a signature as the host is working for my JWT API keys on the sample app. Can I do the same with the end user’s own zoom account somehow?

Which version?
Version 1.8.1, copied from https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
Currently developing on Windows 10 desktop with Chrome 85

Hey @kyle46

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

That thread is unrelated to my question. My API keys are working correctly as tested with the sample app. I am trying to determine if it is possible to do the same thing with an end user’s zoom account instead of my account.

Hey @kyle46.

Checkout this thread and let me know if it helps answer your question:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy!

That was a perfect thread to answer my questions, thank you! I can’t wait for your team to implement a feature allowing our authenticated users to start their own meetings with the Web SDK. That would be ideal for us.

Thanks again!
Kyle

1 Like

Happy to help @kyle46! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your interest in this feature! I agree this feature will be very ideal!

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.