Using the API to make chatbot in python

I have been trying to find a way to integrate a chatbot into Zoom using the API, but I can’t find anything out there on this.

What I need to do, is to be able to create a chatbot that works in meetings, that people can chat with over private messages. I need it to be made in Python so it can work with some of my other things. I will be using the new OpenAI Assistant API to create the chatbot.

Not sure if there even is any way to make what I want, but if not, any other suggestions are also welcome.

@noahviktorschenk if you want to access the chat during a meeting, you need need to create a meeting SDK bot for this use case.

You cannot access in meeting chat via API at this point in time.

@chunsiong.zoom Ah, yeah okay, thanks, Can I use Python for the Meeting SDK or does it only work with JavaScript?

@noahviktorschenk you will need to use javascript

@chunsiong.zoom do you have any resources for how to create a meeting SDK bot? I have been looking for a while now, and can’t really find anything. Any help is much appreciated

@noahviktorschenk, Zoom announced a meeting bot starter kit last week:

Finally, another option is Recall.ai . It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings and interact with participants without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.