Meeting bot starter kit with Recall.ai

Alongside our friends at Recall.ai (like @amanda-recallai and @elliot-recallai), we’re happy to release an open source starter app for building Zoom Meeting bots.

The Meeting Bot Starter Kit is a boilerplate assistant Zoom App built using Recall.ai, Anthropic’s Claude API, and the Zoom Apps SDK.

The app joins a Zoom Meeting using an automated client and generates a transcript, requests a summary, then provides the summary back to the user in the Meeting in near real-time.

Customize the Meeting participant, summarization, and in-meeting Zoom App to build your own in-meeting assistant.

8 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @michael.zoom! This starter kit is a game changer.

Super excited to help make meeting bots easier for developers! :grinning:

2 Likes

Very cool! Super cool to see the starter kit.

4 Likes

Shoutout to @elliot-recallai for the tremendous work on this!!

2 Likes

hey @amanda, How can we get recall.ai api access to give this a try?

@septembermanu, I believe you’re already in touch with my team, but please email me at amanda [at] recall.ai if not!

Hey @amanda-recallai I wanna get in touch with recall.ai, and I wanna make a ai bot. please let me know how can i apply recall.ai, thanks!

@ialaddin, please email me at amanda [at] recall.ai!

1 Like

I am trying out this starter kit and encountering a bug in api.js .

I kept encountering GET /api/recording-state 400 “Missing BotId”

I tried to console.log(req.session.botId) and what I got is undefined.

I wonder if this is due to any bot setups within zoom marketplace or any specicial permission that I might have missed.

Looking forward to the help!

Hey @phong.duongnam I’m happy to help.

Could you share the steps you followed to get this error to occur? This isn’t typical and having a way to reproduce this error will help us debug this with you.

You can reach Recall support by emailing support@recall.ai, or if you have a shared Slack channel with us you can also message us there!

Thank you @amanda-recallai for reaching out.

I attached here a video of I performing all my steps https://youtu.be/hpKhVGwABg0. It did not involve any Recall API or Claude API but the result could still be the same even with them involved. I also emailed [support@recall.ai] but I did not receive any reply so I replied you here.

Looking forward to the reply.