Using the same email for webinar host to access the meeting as attendee

Hello!
I’ve embedded a Zoom Web SDK into my website and hardcoded the user role to be 0 in the config when joining the webinar.
It works great except the case when the webinar host is trying to join the webinar he is running at the moment through the website using the same email.
In the console, there are no errors, however, there is no video/audio. Basically, there is a black screen and UI buttons are rendered.
Do I need to adjust the code somehow to make it work and does the Web SDK supports the scenario when you are running the webinar and connecting to it using the same email?
Thanks!

Hey @dzakhangir.k,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. A host will not be able to join a webinar as a host if they are already hosting it from another device. Instead, you can try to join an attendee (using role 1) to see if that allows you to use the same user for both a host on a client and an attendee from the Web SDK.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.