WebSDK - Joining Webinar timeout

Description

Hello. Since April 13 I’ve started encountering the issue for each of scheduled webinars. This occurs every time I’m trying to join a webinar with a paid zoom account user as the host.The previous solutions doesn’t work too: sdk version is the latest one, and there is no userEmail collision because of only one user is joining at the moment.

WebSDK 1.9.1

Error
Joining webinar timeout.

Screenshots

Hi @Antern,
Thank you for using the Zoom Developer Forum. To investigate the cause of this issue further, are you able to provide more details? Please provide the following details for when you run into this error so that we can help debug:

1. A screenshot of the browser console when this error is shown:

2. Steps to reproduce:

This information will help us isolate the root cause of the behavior you are experiencing.

Best,
Donte

1. There is nothing in the console at all
  2. Nothing special here, something like:

Hi @Antern,
Thank you for providing that screenshot. Are you able to also provide a screenshot of the browser console when this error is shown ? To open the developer console in Google Chrome, open the Chrome Menu in the upper-right-hand corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Developer Tools. Please make sure the browser console is open prior to executing the action that triggers the error you are seeing.

The Browser Console for Chrome looks like this:

I am looking forward to your reply.

Always happy to help,
Donte

As I wrote there is nothing special, it’s the same output as for a successful join.

The issue can be reproduced on my side when I’m trying to host an outdated scheduled meeting. In this case ZoomMtg.join won’t trigger success callbacks nor error callbacks. For me this is the main issue for now.

I guess, the only way to handle this error is to hook it in the client?

Hey @Antern,

Thank you for the update. Please make sure that you’re following the steps in this document:

If that’s not helpful, please provide a Webinar ID where you saw this issue and I’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

I’m having the same issue. I cannot join a webinar that is in progress with the Web SDK.

The modal displays

Joining meeting timeout
Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

I’m not seeing an error returned in the console.

1. {method: "init", status: true, errorCode: 0, errorMessage: null, result: null}

1. errorCode: 0
  2. errorMessage: null
  3. method: "init"
  4. result: null
  5. status: true

creatAVSocket
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 >>>>>>>> CREATE JSMEDIASKD INSTANCE <<<<<<<<
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 prepareJssdk change to prepareWebSDK
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 --- succesCallBack ---
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 {method: "init", status: true, errorCode: 0, errorMessage: null, result: null}
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://source.zoom.us/1.9.1/css/bootstrap.css.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 pre load wasm success: https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/1.9.1/lib/av/6331_audio.encode.wasm
zoom-meeting-1.9.1.min.js:2 pre load wasm success: https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/1.9.1/lib/av/6331_video.decode.wasm
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/1.9.1/lib/webim.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Just to update, I’ve tracked down the error. I was getting no error because I was trying to join the Web Client SDK as the same email address as the host at the same time. Not the greatest error message to inform that but that’s fine.

However, when trying to join a webinar that requires sign in

Require authentication to join: Sign in to Zoom

If I try to join, the error message returned is

The current sdk version doesn’t support webinar, please upgrade to the latest version

Is authentication working with the Web SDK?

Hey @ckarpyszyn ,

Currently with the Web SDK, only joining authenticated meetings is supported:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.