Web SDK iFrame cannot join meeting as a registrant, only as a host

Hi there,

I have a situation here: I am creating scheduled meetings via the API. I am adding meeting registrants to that meeting as well. Currently using version 1.7.10.

The problem: I can join the meeting as the host but I cannot join the meeting as a participant - what is the issue here ?

errorCode: 1
errorMessage: “Fail to join the meeting.”
method: “join”
result: “The current sdk version doesn’t support register meeting/webinar, please upgrade to the latest version.”

Questions: The user I am adding as a registrant, is he required to have a zoom account in order to join ? I am joining as a host same way I am joining as a registrant - following the guidelines on generating the signature with role 1 for host and 0 for users who join and so on. Still, it works for joining as a host, won’t work for joining as a registrant/invited person.

When creating the meeting, I have also the following settings:

• join_before_host: true,
  • waiting_room: false,

One last thing: I do not have this issue for instant meetings. In there, I can successfully join the meeting as the host and as an invited person.

**UPDATE: I have updated to 1.8.1 and apparently same issue and same error.

Hey @techcityventures,

Only Web SDK version 1.8.0+ works with webinar registrants.

More details here:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.