V2 /report/users/{userId}/meetings returns multiple, different meetings, but with same meeting id?

Description
I can pick a date range “from” - “to”, and using the endpoint /report/users/{userId}/meetings I can retrieve all meetings for that using in that time range. In this example, it is two meetings, and the data are different in terms of start time, end time, duration, total minutes, and participants_count.

But for some reason the id (I presume it means “meeting id”) is the same for both returned meetings:

[0] => stdClass Object
    (
        [uuid] => y3Qa1GPETUCPNZgfmMwvuw==
        **[id] => 5183288664**
        [host_id] => X3XmJxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxw
        [type] => 4
        [topic] => Test Provider's Personal Meeting Room
        [user_name] => Test Provider
        [user_email] => test.provider@myweb.online
        [start_time] => 2020-08-09T16:16:58Z
        [end_time] => 2020-08-09T16:19:19Z
        [duration] => 5
        [total_minutes] => 5
        [participants_count] => 2
    )

[1] => stdClass Object
    (
        [uuid] => I/z1CGIgS4ao8yBnT/0TCw==
        **[id] => 5183288664**
        [host_id] => X3XmJxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxw
        [type] => 4
        [topic] => Test Provider's Personal Meeting Room
        [user_name] => Test Provider
        [user_email] => test.provider@myweb.online
        [start_time] => 2020-08-17T01:00:45Z
        [end_time] => 2020-08-17T01:03:53Z
        [duration] => 6
        [total_minutes] => 7
        [participants_count] => 3
    )

Error
V1 used to return participants with the report/getuserreport, but with V2, in order to get the participants, I have to make a separate call after to the endpoint ‘report/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants’.

Using the meeting id obtained from the first API request, 518328866 I get the participants just fine, but for all the meetings in that date range. For some reason all of user_name Test Provider’s meeting ids have the same numeric value. Why? And how can I retrieve the participants of only a single meeting pertaining to a single date range?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
report/users/{userId}/meetings
…then…
report/meetings/5183288664/participants

Hi @gregory.george.lewis,

Happy to clarify. First, in regards to your question about seeing the same Meeting ID for both instances of ‘Test Provider’s Personal Meeting Room’, I should note that recurring Zoom meetings (which this meeting appears to be) will have the same Meeting ID. However, each occurrence of the meeting will have its own unique Meeting UUID. You might find this forum post helpful for clarifying this differentiation in IDs:

As for retrieving the participants of only a single meeting within a given date range, you have a few options: If you know the ID of the meeting in question, you can use the GET Meeting Participants endpoint you referenced. If you need participants from a meeting, but you’re not sure exactly which one, you’ll want to first query the meetings endpoint and pass the from and to parameters as you’ve been doing to get the unique meeting ID or specific meeting occurrence ID, for subsequently calling the participants endpoint.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

1 Like

Question clarified. Thank you, much appreciated!

I’m glad we could help @gregory.george.lewis!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.