Get details of a meeting by id

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

I am using GET /report/meetings/{meetingId} to get meeting details. My code is working - to get the last instance of this meeting id. If I want to get a full report of all details of all meetings with this meeting id (I only ever use one meeting id), how do I go about it?

1 Like

Hi @sachinsdesai,

Good question!

You’re correct in that this endpoint will return the latest instance of the meeting by default. If you want to get the report for other instances of a given Meeting ID, you will need to pass the Meeting UUID in your request URL instead of the Meeting ID.

To get a list of past Meeting UUIDs for a given Meeting ID, you can first call this endpoint:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

1 Like

Thanks Will. That did the trick.

I have a meeting id that points to recurring meetings almost on a daily basis. Is there a limit on the number of UUIDs that this end point can return? Mine can run into hundreds quickly.

Hi @sachinsdesai,

Glad that helped! Regarding the List Ended Meeting Instances endpoint, I believe this should return all UUIDs.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

I have a situation where I use the same meeting-id for a daily recurring meeting. I need to make calls to get the participant list for the last N meetings for this Meeting ID. I have been able to achieve this functionally by doing the following:

1. Get all UUIDs for this meeting id using the /past_meetings method
  2. Get meeting details for each of these UUIDs by using the /report/meetings method
  3. Then sort the list from (2) to get the last N meetings

This appears to be horribly inefficient. Even to get details of the last 3 meetings, I have to make 500 API calls (step 2 above). Is there any way that I can get meeting details based on a date-range or something? Or is there a way that the past_meetings method can give me a sorted list instead of a random list?

Hey @sachinsdesai,

Thanks for sharing this—at the moment, your approach would be the best one. However, it’s a great suggestion to be able to search meetings/participants by date range, and I can certainly appreciate the use case. If you’re so inclined, I might suggest posting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Another option you might consider as well is to leverage our webhooks, so that you don’t have to poll our APIs as often.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.