Version 5.7.1 (and above)? Where is it?

Hi all,

I received an email on an action needed to be taken to update the Android Zoom SDK to 5.7.1 and above. Was wondering where can I find the 5.7.1 android sdk?

I couldn’t find in github and zoom marketplace (zoom market place has v5.5.1.1319)

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 11.18.13 AM

Am I looking at the right place, or this is entirely unrelated to Android SDK?

4 Likes

Received same email.

1 Like

I’m looking for the same answer.
Can someone help us where we can find version 5.7.1 for Android Client SDK?

1 Like

I’m also looking for the 5.7.1 and above. Are you guys joking? I’m in a rush to update the SDK because it seems that if I don’t update, I may be in a really big trouble but you didn’t provide the SDK you were texting about in the email. Why?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. We will be making v5.7.1 available very soon and wanted to give some advance notice about this change to allow the developer community to prepare for the upgrade. We apologize if that was not made clear in this message.

That being said, I want to assure you all that this is a proactive measure. We are not aware of any occurrences of apps (including the Zoom client) being suspended because they included the code found in our SDK. We strongly recommend updating to 5.7.1 as soon as it is made available, but we are not forcing anyone to update at this time. As always, keep an eye on our release notes for the most up-to-date information on new releases for our SDKs.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns around this and I will be more than happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Is there any implication for not updating the zoom sdk?

In the email, it stated that “Google may suspend your app”, and I am a little bit concerned on this line.

Could you elaborate more on why there could be a chance where Google may suspect those apps that uses the Zoom Android SDK?

Also, it will great if there’s another email send out once 5.7.1 is up. I can’t possibly check for new release on the Zoom’s release notes everyday. (unless there is a subscribe button, etc?)

Thanks again.

Hi @Harrizontal,

The 5.7.1 version of the Android SDK should now be available for download through the marketplace.

Regarding the Google Play implications of this: Google has a policy disallowing apps on the Play Store from in-app updates through a direct APK download. The code being referenced in our notice is used by the Zoom client to allow in-app updates when downloaded from platforms that cannot utilize Google Play’s in-app update functionality. For more information on Google Play policies, we recommend checking out their Developer Policy Center.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.