Video button does not work

Hi,

I am developing a web app that uses the Zoom Meeting SDK with the Client View and React.

The problem that I am experiencing is that sometimes the “Start Video” button is disabled and the user cannot click it.

I’ve also tried to enable the video through the settings menu, but it also doesn’t work: when I go to Settings → Video, I just get a spinning wheel and nothing happens.

Looking at the browser console, I see this error:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'byteLength')
    at f0577cf7-288f-4da0-a254-ba77b000b5d2:1:6923
    at 5248ed04-3aae-4019-9b0a-2c513af296eb:30:1
(anonymous) @ f0577cf7-288f-4da0-a254-ba77b000b5d2:1
(anonymous) @ 5248ed04-3aae-4019-9b0a-2c513af296eb:30
Promise.then (async)
(anonymous) @ 5248ed04-3aae-4019-9b0a-2c513af296eb:29

This error is always present when the “Start Video” button is disabled.

I am using the @zoomus/websdk version 2.18.2 in Chrome.

Also, I am using SSO, so all users have to authenticate with an external provider to be able to access the meeting.

Screenshots

The “Start Video” button is disabled:

By inspecting the element, I see that it has a send-video-container--disabled class.

Also, I get this spinning wheel in the Video Settings menu:

Can anyone help me, please?

7 Likes

Hello Felipe,

same issue here, and not only in Chrome, but all browsers.
Also, it does not happen sometimes, but always. It started this week.
The version of the websdk that we use is 2.17.0.
Beside disabled camera, screen sharing is disabled as well.

Without solution yet, hope that someone from the Zoom support sees this.

2 Likes

Exact same issue here

2 Likes

Same issue is coming I am at version 3.1.6 of meeting sdk, Is anyone found solution for this ?

2 Likes

Same issue here for both webSDK 2.17.0 and meetingSDK 3.1.6.

It seems to have happened overnight - can there be a revert or something?

1 Like

Hello @chunsiong.zoom,
Is there information about this issue on the Zoom support side?

@chunsiong.zoom

Same problem here.

At this point, we have decided that this is the end of our relation with Zoom, we are really tired. This is not what we expect from a serious provider.

6 months with a confirmed bug, not resolved yet, that is blocking us to publish in the marketplace , forcing to include manually all our customers as “sub-accounts” of our developer account to keep them working.

And now videoconference not working at all.

Sorry, but we will migrate to our own WebRTC. This is not serious.

3 Likes

cc @vic.yang

@felipe.armoni @nikola.sajic @scrum @yashkalra088 @Pierre_Fourgeaud @optonetltd can you confirm the SDK type? I understand you are using 2.18.2, 2.17.0, 3.1.6. Can you provide additional information if you are using

• if you are using sample code, URL to sample code
  • react (or any other specific framework)
  • react version
  • component or client view?

@optonetltd , I understand that the marketplace team is supposed to speak to you directly the last time we spoke many weeks ago. If they have not done sone, let me know.

Hi,
I have the same problem.
https://githuba.com/zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample/tree/master/CDN
The code is used almost identically.
What’s special is that zoom is loaded as an iframe.

@duke9 does it happen when you don’t use an iframe?

Because of the project structure, it is not possible to run it without using an iframe. However, before this problem occurred, it was being used without any problems even when loaded as an iframe.

@duke9 can you follow the guide here for iframe. best practices?

We are using Meeting SDK for Web 2.17.0. The same issue can easily be reproduced as it is also present in the 2.17.0 version of the Zoom Meeting SDK example app found here Release v2.17.0 · zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample · GitHub.

1 Like

I am following the guide well. Once again, this is a problem that arose suddenly. It is the same as Felipe’s error code.

It also has the same problem

@skipancho @duke9 could you also check if the scheduled meeting joined has participant video enabled?
https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062089

@scrum are you using CDN, component or local? There are 3 different sub-samples in the link which you have share/

We have been using the CDN example

If possible please report the issue, and pass me your tracking ID here
This is under settings, about, send report. You should see something like what is shown below

There is a unique tracking ID which you can paste here, and we will be able to check it on our backend.

tracking ID : 6f840be3-305f-431b-b1ec-0c8a1f45d828

1 Like