Video quality issue

Version Data:
zoom/videosdk: 1.4.1
browser:
chrome: Version 106.0.5249.119
edge: Version 106.0.1370.52

Hi
I am noticing significant drop in video quality during calls (please refer image). I am using separate canvas to render my participants for my specific UI requirements.
Is it possible to raise the video quality for rendered streams?

Thanks
Ashish

Hi @ashish.beetle ,

What value are you passing to your .renderVideo() function as parameter for video quality? Documentation outline what I’m speaking about is linked here.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi Rehema
I am using 720p as quality for both stream. I have found that I can only stream one 720p video. Is that the case even if one of them is my own self video? And if I choose 720p for all the streams will the other streams downgrade to 360p or is there a chance for them to go lower?

Thanks
Ashish

Hi @ashish.beetle ,

You should be able to have 720p for both videos. Video quality will automatically adjust and lower if external factors are affecting it (i.e., bad network connection, high CPU usage, etc). Did you also pass in the ‘hd:true’ property to your .startVideo() invocation? This, and further requirements for 720p, are outlined here.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hey @ashish.beetle

Only one 720P stream can be subscribed at the same time. Other streams will downgrade to 360P.

Thanks
Vic

@rehema.zoom No did not have hd: true property enabled. will give it a try. Thanks

@vic.yang is that the case even if one of the videos is my own self video?

Hey @ashish.beetle

Yes. Even the self video.

Thanks
Vic

Ok. In that case I will manually specify self video to 360 and participant to 720p.
Thanks @vic.yang and @rehema.zoom

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.