Video SDK - Flutter

We are currently integrating the VideoSDK into an application aimed at the legislative houses in Brazil, developed with the Flutter framework to ensure its cross-platform compatibility (Android and iOS).

The initial integration was successful, allowing videoconferencing to take place. However, we identified a specific challenge when executing command sequences within the videoconference, such as turning the camera off and on, or disabling and enabling the microphone. In this scenario, we notice that the SDK starts generating error logs, which can be seen below:

Log error:

E/BufferQueueProducer( 4936): SurfaceTexture-0-4936-4 dequeueBuffer: BufferQueue has been abandoned

As these error logs accumulate, we observe performance degradation in the application, which results in participant videos becoming out of sync. To corroborate this problem, we also performed tests using the Flutter test application available on the Zoom website and observed that the buffer error persists.

It is important to note that we conducted these tests on two different versions of the SDK: the first on version 1.7.0 and the second on the most recent version listed in the documentation, 1.7.10.

Another aspect that caught our attention is that the SDK for Flutter appears to be in a less advanced state of development compared to the versions available for Android and iOS.

Hi @luizbianghi ,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues with the SDK. I’m going to take some time and see if these errors can be replicated and do some research on them. I will reach back out with an update when I have one.

Thanks,
Rehema