Where do I get topic and password?

Hi!
I am trying to run Video SDK Sample application and I just can’t understand, how should I get topic and password to use with it.

What I’ve already done:
I’ve created separate account to use with Video SDK. I’ve created Video SDK application and acquired SDK key and secret. I’ve copied key and secret to the config/dev.ts script.
Now, when I run npm run start, Google Chrome opens with an error “topic, token and userName must be string and required”

As far as I understand, I must also fill fields topic and password in the config/dev.ts file. But where do I get these values?

I’ve tried creating meeting with topic and password using JWT application token from another account, but this topic does not fit. When I use this topic, I get an error “This account does not exist or does not belong to you”.

Hey @shooter

Thanks for your feedback.

topic is the identity of each session, you can set it yourself. password is the passcode of a session, the value depends on you. Refer to https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/auth for more detail.

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.