View old recordings via API

Description
A clear and concise description of what the question is.
I am using the “List Recordings of an Account” API to pull a list of all recordings for each of our sub accounts. I noticed the date range will only allow you to go 6 months back. What happens if they have a recording that is older than 6 months? Am I just no longer able to access its information via the API? Is there some way to just get a list of ALL recordings for a sub account and not just within a date range?

My objective here is to total up how much space each of our sub accounts us using in the cloud. I built a script that will go through and simply tally up the size of each recording each sub account has. So if there is something older than 6 months it will get left out of my calculations. Does this make since?

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.
n/a
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
JWT
Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
“List Recordings of an Account”
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @yaegerc,

Currently the API only queries up to the last 6 months.

Yes, use the account recordings endpoint.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

The docs in the account recordings endpoint page clearly state also a 6-month restriction

If your goal is similar to mine I ended up using the “get plan usage” endpoint to get the total recording usage. It wont give you info on individual recordings, but it does tell you how much spaced they have used.

Thanks @yaegerc, but I actually want to download those recordings :frowning:

Hey @james2,

Gotcha, with the API you can only get recordings for the past 6 months. Otherwise you can use the Zoom Web Portal to get older recordings.

Thanks,
Tommy