Virtual BG Not Changing Despite SDK Success

Hi there! I am using the latest client SDK for Windows and am noticing that I am unable to set virtual backgrounds. I am passing a IVirtualBGImageInfo* called info that I received from GetBGImageList(), and I call

SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetSettingService()->GetVirtualBGSettings()->UseBGImage(info);

which returns SDK SUCCESS

yet the background does not change to the image indicated by info->GetImageName()

I also tried summoning the BG management window when calling this command, it it still returned success but did not change the image. Any ideas?

Hey @liminal_andy,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is good to see you again :slight_smile:

Some meeting functionality is limited for users who are not signed in, VB’s is one of them. Can you try with a logged-in user and see if the same issue still occurs?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael, good to see you too. The app has been logged into, but we are getting the same behaviors.

Hey @liminal_andy,

I have been testing this for a while on the demo application and have not really been able to reproduce this. Can you run the demo app with a “DebugBreak()” on line 138 of SETTINGS_virtualBG_workflow.cpp? To see a VB in the demo app, click the “Configure” button -> “Virtual Background”.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

I’ve taken a crack at a few things over the past couple of days but have still been receiving success messages without background changes. I will try to illustrate the behavior in the demo application and send the code segment for you to verify.

Hey @liminal_andy,

Thank you for your patience. I am sure you are indeed experiencing this issue, but it is hard for us to troubleshoot without being able to reproduce. Thank you for your cooperation as well. Hopefully, we can get this resolved soon :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael