We have accidently regenerated the secret key and because we have added this credentials in our app the app sdk is not working now. i want the old secret key back live.
Hi @rahulpatil1906, thanks for using our SDK.
This may be possible, but is not something that we have a straightforward, formalized process for. If you can, it is strongly recommended that you make adjustments on your end to use the newly generated SDK secret.
That being said, here’s some info & questions that we would need from you in order to investigate whether or not this would be a possibility. Please review this and let me know if you’d like to continue.
- There is no guarantee on our end that we will be able to successfully revert your SDK key. Since changing an SDK secret is not typically done, we are not certain that this investigation will bear results for you.
- It may take a few business days before we are able to report back with any meaningful findings since investigating this requires involvement of multiple internal parties.
- This may require sharing your old SDK secret privately with Zoom employees.
- Do you know what the old SDK secret was? Do not post it here. This will compromise it and we will no longer attempt reverting to that value.
- What is the email address of your developer account?
Let me know if you’d like to give this a try. Again, we strongly recommend you move forward using the new secret, as this will be more secure and yield a faster turnaround than investigating this on our end.