Wear OS version

Hi,

I was wondering if there has any any development on a wearOS version of zoom?

If not would I be able to discuss what api’s I can use to start this?

Thanks
Chris

Hi @chris.fowler, thanks for using the dev forum.

I have not seen any integrations using our SDK on a wearOS device, and we do not have a wearOS-specific version of the Meeting SDK. If you were to attempt to use the SDK on wearOS, it would very likely need to utilize a custom meeting UI, as the default UI provided by the SDK is meant for traditional Android devices.

Thanks!

Sweet thanks! I’ll have a play is there any intro to using your SDK docs or tut video’s? Experienced developer here so looking for any shortcuts to get going :slight_smile:

Hi @chris.fowler,

No problem, happy to help! We do have a quickstart guide, but it uses the default UI which would not be applicable to your use case. We are planning on improving our documentation in the future to cover more specific use cases, but if you have any questions on how to implement various features in a custom meeting UI, feel free to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Sweet quickstart will at least get it running on android? I’ll take a look.

What’s the legalities around releasing something on wearOS for your platform?

I didn’t plan to charge for it, its just a personal project.

Also how do I apply for developer access to the SDK?

Hi @chris.fowler,

Sweet quickstart will at least get it running on android? I’ll take a look.

It will, but only on a traditional Android device. For a nontraditional device, you’d need to enable custom UI mode and build your own meeting UI.

What’s the legalities around releasing something on wearOS for your platform?

When you create an account and create an SDK app, you will need to agree to the Marketplace TOU and API TOU. There are not any wearOS-specific considerations.

Also how do I apply for developer access to the SDK?

No need to apply for anything. Just follow the steps in our documentation and you can start developing with our Meeting SDK right away. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi, you mentioned just follow the documentation steps but the documentation steps state click develop and select SDK but I need developer permission.

To use the Developer Portal on the Zoom Marketplace, an account member must have Developer permission.

I don’t seem to have this. How do I enable it?

Hi @chris.fowler,

As mentioned in our documentation in that same section, this is provided via Role-Based Access Control if your account has that enabled. Otherwise, your account should be able to create an SDK app on the Marketplace without granting that role.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.