WEB MeetingSDK 3.6.1: How can I reliably correlate users created via the API to participants' ParticipantPropertiesPayloads?

I need to be able to correlate users I create via the API (using the POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants endpoint) with the ParticipantPropertiesPayload that comes from the user-joined events in the Meeting SDK, but I can’t find any values in here that reliably match on both ends, aside from userNames, which would be a very flimsy thing to depend upon.

It seems the registrant ID works for most users, but my meeting host user’s ID never seems to stay the same, even if I register them for the meeting before joining.

Or is there a way I can decrypt/decode the userEmail from the ParticipantPropertiesPayload to match against my registrants?

It also would be very useful to be able to set the zoomID in the ParticipantPropertiesPayload, or at least make it so it doesn’t change when the same user leaves and rejoins the call, but I can’t find a way to make this value static either. I’ll need to be able to relate these IDs to specific users since these ids seem to be all that’s available from the headless recording bot, and it’ll be a pain to collect all of the different IDs a user may have if they have to leave/rejoin the meeting.

If there’s another value that I can depend upon across the front/backend and the headless recording bot I can use instead of the other options, that would also be very useful.

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you need any further information/clarification.

@chunsiong.zoom Sorry if this is out of your area of expertise, but you were very helpful on a few of my other posts - do you happen to have any insight on this issue? Thanks!

@wbugenis, in this case I would recommend using the registrant ID, and just having the meeting host as a special case. The meeting host behaves differently to other registrants joining the meeting, however you should be able to identify the host specifically using their role value.

Unfortunately there’s no way to get emails for other participants from within the meeting for privacy and security reasons.

On another note, it sounds like you’re running meeting bots internally. You could check out the Recall.ai API instead if bots are a pain.
We provide a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video/metadata from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!