Yesterday evening we upgraded our application zoom dependencies to the web SDK 1.9.7 and WebCodec activated.
And we got massive report of video not working at all for all users that were using Chrome 93 (still beta)
So we had to rollback to the SDK 1.9.6 without WebCodec activated.
We suspect that the problem comes from the Web Codec activation with Chrome 93. This does not happens with Chrome 94 or Chrome 92. We did have a report from a user using Chrome 91 as well but that could be a false posivite report (another issue)
Chrome 93 is going to be released in the Stable channel on August 31, so it would be a great idea for you to start to investigate on this problem and fix it before that version is out there, or you may face massive reports.
This could also just come from a bugged version of Chrome 93 as it’s still beta.
We will perform some tests on our side to try to clarify which part is in cause (sdk 1.9.7 and/or web codec and/or Chrom 93)