Web SDK 2.0.1 - Japanase translation issues on reaction icons

Description
Several Japanase translations on the reaction tab/icons are incorrect.
We found at least the two shown below, but please review it all.

As an example, the wrong translation of the “No” button actually means “Number”, which does not make sense.
Another translation is incorrect, the one to say “slow down”.

Please fix it. For us, the version 2.0.1 is a No GO just because of that (but unfortunately this is not the only issue, we will report another one separately)

Browser Console Error
No error but translation mistakes.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
No code snippet necessary.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Just run a meeting within your demonstration app in Japanese.

Screenshots

Translation of the “No” reaction button is incorrect from the actions panel

And on the video part, but not on the chat panel:

translation_two_issues_2

Device (please complete the following information):
Does not depends on the device or browser version.

Additional context

Checking the HTML code of the zoom elements and the CSS files bundled with the Web SDK, it seems that the icons on the reaction menu and display on top of participant’s video are not using the translation file. The translation into the language json file is correct but used only on the chat / participant panel.
translation_two_issues_2

1 Like

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum with this issue! I’ve reached out to our engineering team so that we can get this fixed. (ZOOM-327706)

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

We have just retested it on Web Meeting SDK v.2.1.0 and unfortunately, this issue has not been fixed yet. May we know when is Zoom planning to release a fix for that?

Thanks,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

Thanks for following up on this! It doesn’t look like our team has set a timeline for this just yet. When I hear more about the translation fix I’ll be sure to update you here.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you for your reply.

Our clients are all Japanese so having these wrong translations on our application lowers the quality of service we provide to our clients. I hope this will be fixed soon and I think it is time for Zoom to hire a human translator to at least double-check the translations provided by your tool. This is not our first time to report wrong or weird translations on your web SDK.

Thanks,
Lara

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback, Lara! Just checked and it looks like a timeline has not been set at the moment. As soon as the fix is deployed, we will be sure to provide an update here. We are grateful that you reported the behavior you are seeing right away and look forward to a resolution soon.

With Care,
Donte

We don’t want you to tell us after it’s been deployed, we want you to tell us whether it’s on your schedule and for when.

Seriously, already 2 months and still no information just to fix some translation issue…

I reached out to engineers to get that information, and I will update you here as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback, and patience while this is getting sorted out.

Best,
Donte

Any update on this one?

@lfrancia,

Yes, I can confirm this has been fixed (ZOOM-327706).

Thanks,
Donte

@donte.zoom

On which version of the SDK, an already released one or a coming one ?

@nvivot,
This fix is in version 2.3.0, which is slated for early March!

@donte.zoom
Understood, thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

You’re welcome, @nvivot!

Hi @donte.zoom ,

Glad to know that it will be fixed on v.2.3.0. Thanks for updating us.

Sorry to jump in this thread but would you happen to know too if the issue mentioned here would be addressed in 2.3.0 as well?

Thanks,
Lara

It will according to this post

Hi, @lfrancia & @nvivot,

Let me look into this and I will share what I learn here.

Regards,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.