Web SDK 2.0.1 - Webcam stream is active and visible by others but cannot see self in preview - See only black box

Description
When loading in the Web SDK 2.0.1 for a proof of concept, we’ve run into the issue that you cannot see yourself. The preview of your own web camera in the meeting itself shows a black box. However, the web cam is active and others in the meeting can see my webcam’s video.

Important Note: My webcam feed is visible during the pre-join screen (See screenshot)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Browser Console Error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
Web SDK 2.0.1

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: iMac Pro
  • Browser: [e.g. Chrome]
  • Browser Version: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build)

Hey @seth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please see our guide on Improving Web SDK Performance and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

We have encountered the same issue and it has quite a negative impact on our product, as we use Zoom as a proctoring tool in an exam environment. Due to this issue, students can’t see themselves in the proctoring view and get nervous, thinking that something isn’t working as it should.

We do not load a web page from a server, instead we load a local HTML file into a Chromium-based browser control (see seb-win-refactoring/index.html at master · SafeExamBrowser/seb-win-refactoring · GitHub and seb-win-refactoring/ProctoringController.cs at master · SafeExamBrowser/seb-win-refactoring · GitHub for the exact implementation details). We thus can’t set any CORS headers, as far as I have understood the whole concept.

Thus I would like to ask how we can go about to mitigate the issue in our use case, or better yet, is that even possible?

We are also experiencing these errors. Our error reporting in fact has a few thousand entries of these errors and we will have to deactivate logging or its going to overload our error tracking service.

Hey @sdk_testing and @MCoxo,

Thanks for following up on this. For the time being, you can use the “SharedArrayBuffer on Non-Isolated Pages” Chrome Origin Trial detailed in that guide. That should allow you to use the latest APIs without the use of CORS.

However, moving forward, CORS will be required according to Chrome. The path forward is likely to modify the SafeExamBrowser so that it sets default response headers when serving the local files.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.