Web SDK Gallery View Advance Beta

Description
Is there any advance availability of a browser-based gallery view option?

Hi @nate.mayer,

We do not have advanced beta for our WebSDK right now. This is something that our Engineers are currently looking at.

Thanks

2 Likes

Can this be expected in this month?

Our School teachers are not able to use it to teach since the kids are not visible while teaching. Only 1 child is visible while teaching.

2 Likes

Hi @michael_p.zoom
This is extremely important feature as while training our trainers are not able to see the attendees.
That makes whole feature useless for us, can we expedite this feature. Is there any tentative release date for the same?

2 Likes

@michael_p.zoom
Thanks so much for your response. Echoing the other replies, we would love to see this feature fast tracked if possible.

2 Likes

This is one of the features that supports the ZOOM Brand. Without a gallery view users do not think that it is ZOOM. I strongly suggest that Gallery View via the Web SDK be at the top of the list.

4 Likes

I’ve also been dying to get this feature as well. We’re currently have a complicated automated registration system using the zoom client, but if we could get support for this feature we’d be thrilled to move to the Web SDK!

@helloparent @taushifali @nate.mayer @Real_Intel @Zacht

Thanks everyone for the feedback. This is a feature that we have prioritized due to demand. We are currently testing this feature to make sure the overall user experience is not effected by the high cpu usage of having 10+ video feeds during a meeting within the browser. We have no timetable as of yet until we can guarantee the encoding of FPS and CPU usage is feasible from a user experience perspective.

We will make the announcements of any changes within our upcoming changes page and our change log page.

Thanks

3 Likes

@michael_p.zoom

Thanks so much. This will be a great feature.

1 Like

@michael_p.zoom : Thank you for prioritising it. I understand that you are testing this feature for better user experience. However, the upcoming changes page does not have any mention of this either in May or June. Does that mean it will not come before July?

Thanks Michael, you’re awesome!

1 Like

Hey @helloparent,

Correct, we have no timeline yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Do we have any news on when this can be expected?

Regards
Atul

1 Like

Hey @helloparent,

We are working to release this in Q4, but that is subject to change.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, @michael_p.zoom any update about Web SDK Gallery View.

Thanks,
Naeem Ahmed

Hey @naeem.ahmedk,

No updates yet apart from we are planning to release it in Q4, but that could change.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
We recently integrated Zoom web SDK to our platform and I have to say that Zoom team did a good job; it is well documented, good API capabilities, there is a huge community and efficient support so integration was fairly simple.
Two things that we did reflect on are CPU issues and lack of gallery view. I see that CPU issue is already tackled and coming with the next release(thumbs up).
So I would definitely point out how important would be to have gallery view, as it could easily become eliminating factor when it comes to choosing one conference platform among others.

Tnx.

1 Like

Hey @MelisaB,

Thanks for the compliment, we are happy to hear your experience was positive! :slight_smile:

As for gallery view, we are planning to support this in the near future! You can stay updated here:

-Tommy

Can I get an update on web sdk gallery view pls

Hey @Gdrum,

We are working on Gallery view currently, and will have a timeline update for you as we reach completion.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like