Web SDK Gallery View Advance Beta

Hi, is there an update on gallery view?

Hey @sourabh,

While we donā€™t have a concrete day, Gallery View for the Web SDK is on our roadmap and we intend to include it in an upcoming release. Please stay tuned to our Changelog for the latest.

Thanks,
Will

@will.zoom Hi. Still looking for date. I know this was a Q2 initiative. Is it going to happen in Q4? Ty.

Hey @Gdrum,

For the latest updates on upcoming changes to the Web SDK, checkout our upcoming changes page:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks that page has no info/ is blank
is that correct?

https://devforum.zoom.us/c/web-sdk/13

Hey @seanmalone, @Gdrum,

We will be updating it shortly! :slight_smile: We are finializing the features and bug fixes for the 1.8.2 release.

Thanks for your patience!

-Tommy

@tommy Thank you. Looking forward to launch

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, weā€™ve got a huge conference happening Tuesday next week and Iā€™m getting raked through the coals because we do not have gallery view in our app and weā€™ve got Magic Freaking Johnson lined up!

I think this is a longshot but Iā€™m just doing my due diligence and checking in. Any chance this drops in the next few days? Do we have a buzzer beater on our hands?

Thanks
Chris :slight_smile:

Hey @ckarpyszyn,

Unfortunately Gallery View for the Web SDK will not be released by next week.

If you want Gallery view, I suggest using the Zoom App instead. You can display the join_url on your app/website or distribute it to your conference attendees and it will open the Zoom App. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks @tommy - I figured. But I had to ask. I really appreciate the level of support you and the team give on this forum.

1 Like

You are welcome @ckarpyszyn! And thanks for the compliment! :slight_smile:

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

-Tommy

Hello @tommy Weā€™re planning to do a product launch this coming December and was wondering if the gallery feature will come out within the next four weeks or so. Would be great to have a heads up so we can schedule the launch for best possible experience. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @jason_lyon,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the Web SDK will have Gallery View by December.

I suggest using the Zoom App itself, if you want to take advantage of Gallery View. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply @tommy! :grinning: Greatly appreciated

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

I understand you ā€œcannot guarantee the Web SDK will have Gallery View by December.ā€, but what is the chance it will have it?

I need to implement Zoom video call within my webpage, using iFrame. Do you suggest any other option?

Zoom within iFrame has a really BIG BUG. Iā€™ve tried getting help from the tech support, been waiting for two months for someone to respond.

After opening the screen, entering Name and then Iā€™m not a robot, it keeps going to the same screen.
When/If the meeting is not started yet, then it goes to the next screen and shows waiting for the host to start, BUT as soon as the meeting starts, it GOES BACK to the first screen AGAIN!

Iā€™m wondering if you are aware of this issue? have any fix for it?

Thank you,
Mehran

Hey @mehran,

The Client Web SDK and Web Client were not designed to be used within an iFrame, so there could be bugs and issues. We do not suggest embedding them in an iFrame.

You can track our upcoming changes here to know the timeline of our releases and which features and bug fixes are included:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy,

Iā€™ve just checked the ā€œUpcoming Changesā€, unfortunately there is no gallery view in the upcoming release. Itā€™s good to see that breakout rooms will be supported but what about the short term Features posted on the Developer Roadmap such as Gallery View and 720p support. Is there a change that they are going to be released in early Q1 2021? If so is there a ~ release date

Thanks,
Alex

2 Likes