Web SDK Gallery View Advance Beta

I see a current release dated December 20, 2020 in this link https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204758419. Which has the gallery view included in the release notes.

But I don’t see any update in the Web SDK https://github.com/zoom/websdk.
Its still v1.8.3 (latest) released on 18 Nov

Can someone please help me on this?

2 Likes

Hey @aswin.ideas2it,

Gallery View for the Web SDK is coming soon! Stay tuned here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Any update on the gallery view for web sdk. Ty

Hey @Gdrum,

We will be posting updates here once we have a confirmed date:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I see something interesting :eyes:

Hey @alexander.brotzge , @MelisaB , @ckarpyszyn , @helloparent , @jason_lyon , @Gdrum , @aswin.ideas2it , @mehran , @seanmalone , @sourabh , @naeem.ahmedk , @Zacht , @nate.mayer , @Real_Intel , @taushifali ,

We are excited to announce that Gallery View is now supported on the Web SDK in version 1.9.0! :slight_smile:

You can see the release details here:

Thanks,
Tommy

3 Likes

Excellent news Tommy - thanks, and finally !

1 Like

Exciting! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Does the Gallery view only for panelists?

Very happy to see Gallery View in 1.9.0!

My question - is there a method to make it the default view? I’d think something like that would be in init(), but the docs don’t say anything about it. It would be great to have a way to put the user into Gallery view as soon as they join.

1 Like

@easonng,

Gallery View is currently for panelists—however, we will be adding gallery view for attendees in an upcoming release. Please subscribe to our Changelog for details on our releases.

Thanks,
Will

2 Likes

Hey @richaney,

Good question—there’s not a method to designate the default view, this must be done in the web ui. However, this is a great suggestion, and I’m happy to share this feedback!

Thanks,
Will

Thx for replay
will also increase the video resolution.
At v1.9 when panelists share his screen his camera haven’t show!

Thanks for this feedback, @easonng. We plan to introduce higher resolution and enhanced views in a future release.

Best,
Will

Hi Tommy, how can the WebSDK tell if it is in an iframe or not? Why is Zoom not supporting iFrame for web SDK?

Hi Will, Tommy,

Tommy commented a few months back that the issue was 10 feeds are too much CPU for the web client. However, there should only be one feed for gallery view to the web client, correct?

Hey @michaelglennwilliams,

I’m happy to help out here!

The Web SDK can’t tell if it’s in an iframe and this isn’t something we’ve actively blocked. Instead, recent security and privacy policies implemented by browsers often prevent content in iframes from rendering correctly unless specifically configured to do so.

As we don’t plan for the Web SDK to be used in this fashion, and displaying it directly on the page offers a better solution in most cases, we aren’t currently putting resources in to embedding the SDK in an iframe.

I’m not clear on what you’re asking here, can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Max