Web SDK Join by Phone Call Not working

Description
After the meeting started and we clicked on “Join Audio” and select “Phone Call”, it only returns to a black page.

Error
We’re seeing this error in the console:
react-dom.min.js:117 TypeError: Cannot read property ‘label’ of null
at zoom-meeting-1.8.1.min.js:formatted:115961
at Td (react-dom.min.js:82)
at hi (react-dom.min.js:102)
at Qg (react-dom.min.js:144)
at Rg (react-dom.min.js:145)
at Sc (react-dom.min.js:158)
at Z (react-dom.min.js:156)
at ah (react-dom.min.js:159)
at xf (react-dom.min.js:40)

Which version?
WEB SDK 1.8.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start meeting
  2. Click on ‘Join Audio’
  3. Select ‘Phone Call’
  4. See error

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Mac#chrome/86.0.4240.183

Hey @cj2000s,

We just released version 1.8.3 which fixes a similar issue with the Phone Call not showing / working. Can you please upgrade and see if that fixes the issue for you? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,
We have experienced the same issue during our testing and update to 1.8.3 did not help us. We still observe the same errors as on the screenshot. We tested on Browser: Windows#chrome/86.0.4240.198 for reference.

Hey @m.yankovskyyuk, @cj2000s,

Thanks for reporting this and sharing those details. We will investigate this asap. (CS-2593)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @m.yankovskyyuk, @cj2000s,

We are not able to reproduce this issue.

Are you using a custom language by any chance? Can you please provide a video recording of the issue so we can narrow down the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

The video is here: https://youtu.be/cjf4q0mUV8Y
There was also a further error that occurred roughly 1-2 minutes after the recording ended:

Hi Tommy,

We are developing a similar integration using the websdk and experiencing the exact same issue. I also upgraded to 1.8.3 and that did not fix the issue.

@m.yankovskyyuk - have you had any luck troubleshooting this since yesterday?

Here is a screen recording of a fresh clone from https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web:
https://youtu.be/yYs1C1JAw2E

@tommy - would you please le me know if you are able to join by phone using the sample websdk app?

Maybe its because I am hosting the meeting with a free account and the meeting doesn’t have a call in number associated with it. I just assumed the SDK would check if there is a call in number and conditionally display the Join by Phone Call button.

Hey @jake2, @m.yankovskyyuk,

Thanks for the additional details. We are investigating the issue and will get back to you as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @m.yankovskyyuk, @jake2, @cj2000s,

We found the issue, and will be fixing it in the 1.8.5 Web SDK release.

Thanks for your patience!

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @jake2, @m.yankovskyyuk, @cj2000s,

This is now fixed in Web SDK version 1.8.5.

Please see the release log for more details:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.