Web SDK update version 1.8.0

Hello Zoom Developers,

We have released Web SDK version 1.8.0 :grinning:. This version includes Webinar features, such as starting a webinar, promoting to panelist, joining a registered webinar and improved performance using SIMD.

For more details about 1.8.0 and improved performance support using SIMD, you can visit our new Web SDK 1.8.0 blog and the latest Web SDK change log page .

To get started, you can find the latest Web SDK version in the following locations:

1. NPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@zoomus/websdk
  2. Sample Web App repo: https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web
  3. Angular Sample App repo: https://github.com/zoom/websdk-sample-angular

As Always
#codeHappy

3 Likes

how to clear noise in websdk? i use version 1.8.0, when i speak, my voice so noise.
help me …

Hello @michael_p.zoom - Thank you for the new version release.

I am getting below error, can you please help urgently ?

“typeerror : cannot read property 0 of null” in browser console & nothing happens further.

Thank you

@dwisartika346, Can you share your meeting ID and are you testing locally or within a deployed website that you can share?

@laevents - Are you using the sample web app or npm? Can you share the meeting ID, screenshot of what displays in the console log, and the /info?callback=localJsonpCallback within the network tab?

@tommy In reading the release notes, it appears the registration option pops up the actual registration form? We were hoping we could join a pre-registered meeting. Our use case that is behind the scenes, when a user adds an event to their schedule, we use the Zoom API to register them for the webinar. We then want to use the unique join URL with the Web SDK for tracking purposes and to prevent sharing that occurs when just using passwords. Would this now be possible with the registration changes you made and if so how?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi @mb_j

We understand your use case. Right the the WebSDK does not support joining a webinar using the join_url from the Add Webinar Register API. However, we will support that in a future release.
The best workaround would be to still generate a unique url for the user with the email and pass in the email to the WebSDK so that they can join the Webinar as that user.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

Thanks

Hello @michael_p.zoom - I did managed to resolve the “typeerror : cannot read property 0 of null” issue. But now I am facing another issue, participant not able to hear the host audio. Can you please let me know what could be an issue. Webinar ID is ***********

Also in our application we want to load the live streaming in the middle of web page and not into separate window or tab. So can you please let me know how we can do this ?

Thanks

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

@michael_p.zoom Still not possible to start a meeting as host?

In our service, we create meetings for people. Then we want them to start the meeting with role 1.

Apparently, they have to start the meeting outside of our service, and we need to use role 0. That is not ideal at all

1 Like

We’re excited about the new version. FWIW the ability to do this was the single most important thing we assumed was meant by “Added support for joining a registered webinar.” Here’s hoping full support for webinar registrations is added in the near future.

1 Like

Hi, How can i get the Rest API

Hey @it.rosk, @shervink11, @laevents,

Please create a new topic in #web-sdk with your issues / questions and we will answer you there. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @flippyhead,

Thanks for your feedback! We will work on supporting this in a future release.

-Tommy

@tommy

Could you give a follow-up on this thread: Invalid signature for meetings outside my own user

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@tommy, @michael_p.zoom,

In 1.8.0 web SDK, hearing extra noise in speaker. Totally voice is not clear to hear.

Hey @shervink11,

Yes, we will address you in that thread. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @karthikeyan.ramaraj,

Please create a new topic here: #web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
I wanted to know if we are organising a quiz on zoom, where we need private input from the participants so that the input is securely recorder in some database corresponding to the name of the participant. Is there any piece of code for that which can work on that.

Hey @jamessam.88js,

Please create a new thread here: #zoom-api

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy As others have pointed out the audio quality has degraded pretty significantly on 1.8.0. I think there is another issue in general, when I rolled back to 1.7.10 I was able to observe audio stutter which was not there in the past. This is specially true for people using surface tablet on Windows or Macbook Air.

Regards
Nitin

Hey @nitin1,

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently investigating the audio issues. :slight_smile:

-Tommy