Webhook meeting ended event fired every time a participant left meeting

Description
I have read the document, it said

A meeting host can end a meeting for all meeting participants.
The Meeting Ended event is triggered every time a meeting host ends the meeting.

But i found out it triggered every time a participant left the meeting. I found it also have a “Participant Left” event for that thing, so I don’t know why this event needs to trigger.

Thank you.

Hey @hung.le,

What is the meetingID you are experiencing this for?

Can you share one of the webhook payloads so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Here is webhook payload of the event:

{ account_id: ‘*******’,
object:
{ duration: 40,
start_time: ‘2020-04-07T06:25:16Z’,
timezone: ‘Asia/Jakarta’,
end_time: ‘2020-04-07T06:26:34Z’,
id: ‘351484390’,
type: 2,
uuid: ‘yeeBmTabTnCm17WaRfMdbw==’,
host_id: ‘mYEZ2e_mTOyauvOtKF0aMA’ } }

Thank you

Hey @hung.le,

After looking into that meeting, only the host joined, and then left. If the host leaves when there is no one else in the meeting, you will get the meeting ended webhook.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

When I test with the host user when I left, it triggered the Meeting Ended event as you say, but the meeting was not end, I could re-joined that meeting then left again and it trigger the event again. I thought the Meeting Ended event should trigger only one time when the meeting “really” end.

Thanks

Hey @hung.le,

The meeting “really ends” once it is after the end time and all the participants have left.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I have created meeting events that include meeting started , meeting ended , participant joined and participant left event. When i start meeting i get only one event meeting.participant_joined . I am not getting events like participant left or meeting started event or meeting ended event.
Below are the data for participant joined.

Hey @aurangzeb.khan,

Have you checked those events in your apps webhook settings?

Also, make sure you are sending back a 200 OK response.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thanks for the reply , can you send me the snapshots for recommended settings?. Also when meeting joined by participant or host i received meeting joined events. But problem with meeting left , meeting started and meeting ended events.

Hey @aurangzeb.khan,

What is your app name? I will look into the logs for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommoy,

campusteck is my application name, one more thing i have see logs but there is no entry for campusteck.
thanks,
Aurangzeb Khan.

Thanks @aurangzeb.khan,

Your app is configured correctly. Can you make sure you are sending a 200 OK response back after you receive a webhook?

After looking into that, please send me the meetingUUID of one of the webhooks that did not send and I will look into the logs for you.

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply, attached are the meetingEvents excel sheets that contain meeting UUID.

Thanks,
Aurangzeb Khan.

(Attachment MeetingEvents.xlsx is missing)

Please see below meeting uuid

yFz3Uz9JSBSlT29g89DTrA==
ggiuWDsgRz6DLEYXZ5JUtw==
afzqN0TjRSCNf17/V+0f3g==

Thanks @aurangzeb.khan,

Our engineering team is looking into the issue. I will get back to you with the findings. (ZOOM-180602)

-Tommy

Hey @aurangzeb.khan,

Do you mind sending me a new set of meetingUUIDs with the issue? The ones you sent have expired.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy We are dealing with a similar issue. We are receiving multiple meeting ended webhooks when the host leaves the meeting but someone else becomes the host. Is there any way for me to know the meeting has really ended.

Hey @nitin1,

Are you interested in making sure that the meeting does in fact end, or that you’re aware of who the new host is when an existing host leave?

The reason I ask is because if it’s the first, you might consider our Update Meeting Status endpoint—this can be used to end a meeting programmatically:

Let me know, thanks!
Will