Webhooks alerts for zoom room

Hi, I already responded on the forum but would love to understand the root cause of the delays we are seeing. I am consistently observing that webhooks are triggered by min 5 minutes up to 15 minutes delay. What data should I get you to
debug this further?

Hi @ameya,

Can you provide us the developer email and appID?

I am not sure about AppId as I am using webhook only app named: ZoomMonitoring-Dev.

Hey @ameya,

You can find your appId in the url of the app on the marketplace dashboard

https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/apps/{{ App ID }}/information

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, @tommy. The app ID is: xmmk9m6_QZKRjNdcWNXfsw

Thank you, we will take a look and get back to you!

-Tommy

Thanks @tommy. I wanted to give you guys some more information if it helps.

I took one of our rooms down (Baker) at 1714 PT then brought it back up at 1719 PT. I do see that 2 webhooks are fired but both are Zoom room is offline. I think the second event which was fired at 12:19 AM (I think UTC time) should said that Zoom room is online. Also, I didn’t receive an email saying that room is back up again while I did receive an email saying that Zoom room is offline. Something weird going on there.

This kind of ties in with the question I asked earlier -

What if we don’t receive the positive alert (i.e. connected or online) - is there any way we can check if the things are functioning again? For example, when webcam is disconnected, I got the alert that webcam is disconnected. But when webcam is connected back again did not receive the alert that it’s connected back. How can I check if webcam is available?

Take your time. I just wanted to give you guys more information. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for more details @ameya!

We are taking a look and will get back to you!

-Tommy

Do you guys have update for me? Thank you!

Hey @ameya,

We should have an update to you tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi @ameya,

Apologies for the delay, below are the answers to the questions. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Yes its expected, if the alert is missing within 5 minutes, we will not send the notification. Therefore it could be a delay of 10 minutes or more.

Yes, it’s correct behavior. Please see this option within your Zoom Dashboard.

Can you try this with more than 5 minutes? Normally, we’ll monitor the alerts in 5 minutes, if the alert is missing within 5 minutes, we will not send the notification.

Currently, we don’t have this function. We’ll ask our Engineering team to see if we can implement this feature.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @michael_p.zoom. Let me digest this information and get back to you with additional questions, if any.

1 Like

Thanks Michael!

@ameya sounds good, let us know!

-Tommy

To reiterate this in my own words - If the room is offline, you will hold that alert for 5 minutes. If room comes back up again, you are not going to send this alert. But if it takes more than 5 minutes, then you will send alert.

1. Is that correct?
  2. If you are waiting for 5 minutes, why there is a delay of 10 minutes?
  3. As a monitoring solution, holding alert doesn’t make sense to me. Would you please not hold an alert or have a setting not to hold the alert?

Also, you have not answered the following question yet-

Mind looking into it again?

I think some of your statements are not making sense. Here are some experiments I tried today. All times are Pacific Times.

• Why do you wait for 5-6 minutes after the room comes online?
  • I didn’t receive alerts at least in 2 scenarios. When I took the room offline in <5 minutes and one time after 6 minutes.
  • Can you guys define the behavior clearly? I think there is a lot of ambiguity and confusion in the behaviour you defined.

May I also request to prioritize my requests. It’s been a long time we are going back and forth and it is taxing on consumers like myself to figure out what’s going on. Can I follow up on some other channel/thread to get quicker responses?

Another thing which is confusing is that you are able to detect that the room is online but webhook is not triggered.

Hi Ameya,

Currently we do not trigger online events. We can only trigger the below alerts (see screenshot).

F36056A3-37CA-4830-8FCB-2DF5E6A9B595

It’s by design, If the Zoom room is offline for more than 5 minutes, we will send the notification. There several reason that may cause the Zoom room to go offline, so if it recovers within 5 minutes we will not send an alert.

Currently, we do not support sending a notification that the Zoom Room is back online. We’ll look into including this in the future.

Thanks

1 Like

This is incorrect. I have received webhooks when the room is online again. Please refer to the webhook log and the one fired at: 12:01 AM Aug 10 12:01 AM.

I am not talking about offline event. I am talking about when the room comes online. The flag was already set that room was offline for >5 min. Now that you have received the event that room is back online again, why wait for 5 minutes?

I don’t think you are giving me correct answers. I got online webhook triggers as well emails stating that room is online again.

Hi @ameya,

Yes you are correct, forgot to mention that when the customer enables the option within the Zoom portal, we will send a notification when the Zoom Room comes back online (See screenshot below).

Our Engineers are still investigating into your account and the doc you provided to make sure you’re receiving the webhooks on time.

Thanks

Hey @ameya, I think we have two very similar discussions going on here in different threads. I want to be able to provide you with the best experience and to do that I think we need to get into a (Zoom) room and get the details here.

I am going to work with you (in the email thread you sent earlier) with my team to set up a time so we can fully understand what you have done and what is going on.

1 Like