Webhooks of meeting start and end

Description
I added the Event subscriptions of “Start & End Meeting” for my OAuth app, but the endpoint URL didn’t get triggered.

I would like to know what kind of “start meeting” could trigger the webhook?

The way that users(hosts) in my project is to start a meeting is by “join_url” and then opening the Zoom desktop client. I’m not sure if this is a proper way to trigger the webhook?

The “join_url” is like “Error - Zoom?pwd=#success”.

Error
The endpoint URL didn’t get triggered

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Webhooks of meeting start and end

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @shiyueheng

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
There are some steps that might help you to debug your issue:

1. Send a post request to your Endpoint URL, if you do not receive this event then you will have to check your Endpoint
  2. If you DO RECEIVE the post request, but not the Zoom events, try replacing your endpoint with a test endpoint of your preference (such as webhook.site).
  3. If you receive events and Zoom events in this test endpoint, please check that your Endpoint URL is working properly.

Hope this helps
Elisa

Thanks for the reply.

I did the test with the Endpoint URL and it worked, also tried to change another test Endpoint URL but no luck.

I have a question that what kinds of actions would be seen as a trigger to call the endpoint?

In my project, it’s an OAuth app, users log in with their zoom accounts. The way the user starts a meeting is like, when the user clicks the meeting start button in our web app, we open a new tab and paste the “join_url” to the tab, then the user will open the Zoom desktop client and start the meeting.
Is this case a correct way to trigger the endpoint URL?

Thanks!

Hi @shiyueheng

So were you able to receive Zoom events in your Test endpoint?
When you start a meeting and when you end it, you should be getting a payload in your Endpoint with the information of the meeting

Are you creating those meetings through your OAuth app?

Unfortunately, I was unable to receive Zoom events in my test endpoint.

Yes, I’m creating those meetings through the OAuth app.

Hi @shiyueheng

Thank you for the update, can you please send an email to developersuppot@zoom.us with a link to this thread so I can investigate this issue further.
Best
Elisa

The endpoint is working now. I didn’t know that I have to submit the app again for review to make the endpoint effective.
My bad.

@shiyueheng,

Glad to hear the endpoint is working. For reference, here is our Updating an App documentation:

With Care,
Donte

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.