Webinar API Add Custom Questions

API Docs

When i make a request to add a custom question using
{“custom_questions”:[{“title”:“test field”,“type”:“single_radio”,“required”:true,“answers”:[“Yes”]}]}

I ge the following error
{“code”:300,“message”:“Validation Failed.”,“errors”:[{“field”:“custom_questions[0].answers”,“message”:“Invalid field.”}]}stdClass Object ( [code] => 300 [message] => Validation Failed. [errors] => Array ( [0] => stdClass Object ( [field] => custom_questions[0].answers [message] => Invalid field. ) ) )

I have noticed if I amend the answers value to contain 2 values instead of 1 it works.
{“custom_questions”:[{“title”:“test field”,“type”:“single_radio”,“required”:true,“answers”:[“Yes”,“No”]}]}

In the API documentation, the example shows 1 answer in the json query. If you login to zoom and manually edit the webinar you can also set 1 answer.

Does anyone know the reason I cannot set 1 answer through the API?

Thanks

Hey @ian1

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This is not related, thanks

Hey @ian1,

Which endpoint are you using? The Add Registrant endpoint, or the Update Registration Questions endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

I am using

PATCH # /webinars/{webinarId}/registrants/questions

Hey @ian1,

I was able to reproduce the issue. Our engineers are taking a look and I will get back to you once we have an update. (ZOOM-190267)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,
Any news on this issue?

Thanks

Hi @ian1,

I just requested an update from our Engineering team—I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Best,
Will

Hey @ian1,

Our engineers have confirmed that this is a bug. We are working on a fix. I will update you once it is released.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy - Do you have any information about any timelines when this issue will get fixed?

Hey @arjun.bsci,

I do not have any timeline currently, but it is in the queue to be fixed. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

Can I get an update on this as my client held over 20 webinars I had to manually add questions to.

They will be running another 20 webinars next month so automation of adding the questions would be helpfull.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ian1,

Our team is hoping to get this into our next release. We’ll be sure to update this thread, but you can keep an eye on our changelog here as well.

-Will

Hi,

Any update on this yet as I will need to use it in the next couple of weeks

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @ian1,

Our team is still working on this fix, but I expect it to be released soon. I’ve just followed up with them to reiterate the importance of its impact.

Thanks,
Will

Hey @ian1, @arjun.bsci,

The radio button issue will be fixed by the middle of next month.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.