Webinar History not on Contact after converting from Lead

In Salesforce, when converting a Zoom Webinar Lead to Company and Contact, the Webinar History does not follow the contact.

I have to add the Zoom registration history manually to the contact after converting. Clearly this is not feasible to continue to do.

I cannot find any setting that can resolve this issue. Please let me know what you need from me to assist in this issue

Hey @jamey.dixon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I don’t think this functionality is supported currently. I couldn’t find reference to it in the integration guide.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

That doesn’t make ANY sense at all – this throws my ROI on Zoom completely out the window if the Webinar history does not follow the conversion from a Lead in Acc, Cont, and Opp.

Thanks – this does not work for my company, so I guess I will have to manually import like I was before…

Hey @jamey.dixon,

Thank you for providing more detail on how important this feature is for you. To make sure I’m on the right track, I’ve reached out to an expert on the Salesforce app. I’m confirming with them if this is the expected behavior or not.

I’ll update you here when I have confirmation. (ZOOM-265829)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @jamey.dixon,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and said the following:

If the lead is converted to company and contact later, the webinar history is still associated with the lead but if you click the lead from the webinar history, it will redirect to the contact.

If you create a webinar, and create a registrant using the same email, the new webinar history will be associated with the contact, not the converted lead.

Let me know if that helps explain the behavior you’re seeing.

Thanks,
Max

No this is not correct.

When I convert a lead, any activity that is associated with the lead converts to the contact. I can see this activity on the contact record in Salesforce. However, when the Lead has webinar activity (under Zoom History related list), it does NOT transfer to the contact record.

Example: Linda Smith attends a Zoom webinar and she is created as a Lead in Salesforce. The Zoom Webinar history related list on her Lead record shows which Webinar she registered for and attended. When I convert her to a contact, that webinar history does not convert to contact record. When I click on her contact record, there is NO Zoom webinar History, although the related list is on the Salesforce page.

I can send screenshots if that would help.

Thanks!

Hi @jamey.dixon,

Thank you for sharing these additional details with us. Can you please share this example and include screenshots at developersupport@zoom.us? Please reference this thread and we’ll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Hi Will

Here are 3 screenshots. The first is of the LEAD before conversion, showing there is 1 activity, 1 note and 1 webinar history in the related lists on the right side of the pic.

The second is the Lead Conversion screen.

The 3rd is the newly created CONTACT from the lead, showing the note and activity from the lead, but NO Zoom webinar history. Meaning if I looked at this contact, there is no way for me to know he attended a Zoom webinar.

Hi @jamey.dixon,

Thanks for sharing these additional details. I can see you shared these with us directly over email, so I will go ahead and reply back to you there.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.