Link newly generated Lead with a event record in Salesforce

We have integrated Zoom Native App with Salesforce, which is adding Leads when new registrant is added for the Zoom webinar.

We have a custom Event table with a event record which is manually created with Webinar ID field that matches with Zoom webinar. Now we wanted to link the Leads coming in with Events record through webinar ID. How can we do this? Please help.

1 Like

Hey @HChirra,

Have you read through the Zoom Salesforce App docs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you Tommy for responding. I have read the documentation, but couldn’t find any information on how to retrieve Webinar ID for the Lead that’s synched into salesforce.

Is there a way I can establish\find the link between the Lead in SF Lead object and registrant in zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar_Registrant__c?

Hey @HChirra,

Happy to help!

I will reach out to our engineers who built the integration and ask. :slight_smile: (ZOOM-169812)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, Any update from you engineers? Thank you.

Hey @HChirra,

Let me know if this note from our engineers helps:

We use Zoom_Webinar_History__c associate Lead/Contact with Zoom_Webinar_Registrant__c. From the webinar related to page, you can see the relationship between lead and zoom webinar registrant.

There is a Lookup(Zoom Webinar : salesforce id) field on Zoom_Webinar_Registrant__c object.

Thanks,
Tommy

@Tommy, Thank you for the information. It was very helpful.

I see another object: zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar_Attendee__c, why is this object empty, event if we have Attendees for a webinar? Can you please advise.

Thank you for your help.

Hey @HChirra,

Can you provide me your webinarUUID so I can check?

Thanks,
Tommy

Here are couple of Webinar UUID’s. Thank you.

5B0v5Gp5ScmiEwZMArlqwg==
K3cOYi8BTMiyD/AiQWNdkA==

Hey @HChirra,

We are looking into this. I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @HChirra,

If you have finished the Oauth flow for webinar Webhook App on zoom config page from the following link, after the webinar ends, it will synchronize webinar details including actual start/end time, participant count immediately. After 5 minutes, the attendees info will be synchronized to salesforce.

If the attendees aren’t synchronized to salesforce successfully, you can also click the manual sync button on the Zoom webinar detail page to synchronize the info.

Thanks,
Tommy

@Tommy, Thank you for looking into this issue. Yes, I have configured Salesforce and Zoom by authorizing the accounts.

Registrants information is being getting synched, but the actual attendee information is not being synched. Tried clicking on manual synch button too.

When Zoom shows 4 Unique Viewers. Is there a way I can get Actual # of Attendees after the webinar is ended?

Hey @HChirra,

Let me check on this for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @HChirra,

You can get Actual # of Attendees from the following red field (Label Name: Actual Number of Participants, field name: zoom_app__Number_of_Participants__c, it is on Zoom Webinar object.)

Has the webinar been held yet? You can synchronize the webinar attendees only after it is over and has been a few minutes.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Yes, the webinar is held and tried manual synch button after the completion of webinar, but the actual attendee info is not updated. I have verified authorization too, please advise what I am missing. Thank you.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same issue as described by HChirra. It looks like everything work as expected but actual webinar attendees did not sync over - even after trying a manual sync. My webinar shows no value in the Actual Number of Participants field and by zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar_Attendee__c object is empty. I would also assume that the attendees’ status in the Campaign would change from Approved to Attended?

1 Like

I think we figured out our issue. When we first created the webinar in Zoom, it created two instances in Salesforce for some reason. Not sure why, but that seems to have created an error in our Apex Jobs. We just tried again fresh and it only created one instance of the webinar and everything worked as expected.

I guess we will just keep an eye out it creating duplicate webinars in Salesforce.

1 Like

@jkenzer, Actual Number of Participants fields is synced over automatically after the webinar is held?

Happy to hear you got it working @jkenzer! :slight_smile:

@HChirra were you able to get the sync to work?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy No, Actual Number of participant count is not being synched.

All the other data, Start Time, Status, Actual End time are synched.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg