Webinars: User registers with email address X, but can use the link to join with email address Y

User registers with email address X, but can use the link to join with email address Y

Description
I create the webinar via Zoom’s website, and check “requires registration” and “require authentication”. However, when users in my website request to join the webinar, if they meet certain criteria, I call the webinar registrants api (api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/ID/registrants) to register them to the webinar, and I successfully get a join_url which is in turn shown to the user. However, I just tested, and I registered to a webinar with X@b.c, and when I clicked on the join link, Zoom, expectedly, asked me to log in. My Zoom windows client logged in to zoom automatically with Y@b.c, and I was able to watch the webinar! I want users to be able to join the webinar only if they have logged in to Zoom with the email they used to register to webinar.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT.

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/webinars/ID/registrants, POST request to add a registrant

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a webinar in Zoom website
  2. Make the webinar require authentication and registration
  3. Call the endpoint with body: {“first_name”: “anything”, “last_name”: "anything’, “email”:“X@b.c”}
  4. Copy the join url
  5. Enter the join url in browser, it asks you to log in to zoom (as it should), then log in with Y@b.c, and you can join the webinar! It shouldn’t be like this. Am I missing something?

Hey @mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, do you only see this when using the Join URL from the API or does this happen when using the Join URL sent in an email as well?

If you’re seeing this issue even when using the Join URL from an email, this is something that our Customer Support Team can help with as they can assist directly with issues related to the Zoom app.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.