WebSDK - Breakout rooms don't work

Hello,

We are testing the web sdk API.
The zoom host manager, is not able to assign users that uses the web client SDK to breakout rooms.
The selector only shows users that users the app / desktop software.

It’s a limitation or there is something that we can do?

Thank you

Same issue here. With version 1.8.1 and with version 1.8.3.

If an user joins the meeting with the zoom link (and start the web variant) they are visible.

Cannot figure out why. Cannot find any variable in the init or join regarding the breakout rooms…

Hey @m.pijnen, @gilsys,

Please see my post here :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply!

A saw a lot of code already, but i was to soon i guess… :slight_smile:

Any knowlegde when the this release will come?

Thanks and regards,

Maico

Hey @m.pijnen,

Happy to help! We are adding breakout rooms to the Client Web SDK soon! You can stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy,

I found that page indd, but that page is and stays empty… so i got no clue :slight_smile:

Regards,
Maico

Hey @m.pijnen,

Apologies it is empty now, but we will be updating it as we near the next release.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Alright thanks!

Looking forward to it… :slight_smile:

Regards,
Maico

Hey @m.pijnen,

I’m glad to hear that @tommy answered your question! If you have any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hello! Can you already tell, when you are going to roll out the breakout rooms for the Web SDK? We have an online event next week scheduled and everything is already setup for this on a landing page - except the breakout rooms… Any chance it is going live during the weekend? Or is it possible to use a beta?

All the best,
Benjamin from www.bildwerk.tv

Hey @bildwerk,

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Developer Support. Good question! The breakout rooms feature is planned to be added with the release of version 1.9.0 in early 2021. If I hear of early access or beta opportunities I’ll be sure to let you know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.