What does a Facebook host using zoom see?

Not sure I’m in the right place but can’t find the answer anywhere else. So your help would be appr. OK so I own a restaurant bar and I’m holding a one hour virtual sunset cocktail party Wednesday. I will have around 300 people who want to attend. So me as the host using zoom to broadcast on our Facebook business page will i be able to see all the peoples video boxes ? People just watching will they be counted at watchers ? Should I just do the zoom virtual party without using our facebook page which has 15000 customers on it? Please help, want this to be a fun experience for myself and my customers.

Hi @oldtonysredondobeach, thanks for posting and for using Zoom!

When you livestream to Facebook, you are taking the Zoom meeting and broadcasting it for public view. If you invite people to your Zoom meeting, you will be able to see and speak with anyone who joins. If you stream to Facebook, this would give someone the ability to watch the party without needing to join on Zoom.

If you post the meeting for anyone to join, you may need a Large Meeting license which would allow up to 500 or 1,000 people to join. I’d reach out to someone on sales for this: 1.888.799.9666 or https://zoom.us/contactsales

I’d also recommend taking a few steps when holding a public event, including preventing screen sharing and managing participants. Make sure you know how to mute and disable video for guests if you need. Here are some resources we’ve put together.

PS: My brothers are frequent customers, hope all is well.