What is Helper.html

The only place I see it referenced is in the announcements, and then never again in the documentation and it’s just a file in the download. No explaination where to put it or anything like that, just that it requires certain headers. Can you provide more info or update the docs please?

Hey @sales1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please provide a link to where you are seeing this documented and I’ll work to uncover more information.

Thanks,
Max

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog#publications/web-client-sdk-version-1-9-5

Add helper.html to support Web SDK isolation for changes related to Chrome 92. See [Announcements](https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements) for details

It’s also referenced in the “Web Isolation Advanced Guide” but again, zero guidance is actually given on what this is for, where it should be, how it is used.

Any information you can provide on this?

Hey @sales1,

Thanks for clarifying, sorry for the delay. You can find that file as part of our Sample Web App:

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Not really, I haven’t found any information on what to actually do with it, I don’t see any network traffic in the console for Zoom trying to retrieve it at all, and it’s barely mentioned at all in any documentation, aside from noting that it exists and mentioning the CORS rule it needs, but not what it’s for, where it goes, or how it should be used.

Hey @sales1,

You bring up a good point, we’re working to add more information in regard to use Web Isolation.

In the meantime, I was able to speak with our SDK team to clarify some details:

When using registration with Web Isolation on the Web SDK, a helper file is currently needed in order to allow this registration to work between two separate origins (zoom.us and your site). We are working to improve this process but for now you can copy the code from the helper.html file referenced and use that in your project by defining the file on init().

ZoomMtg.init({
      disableCORP: !window.crossOriginIsolated, // default true
      helper: './helper.html'
      });

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM
We tried the snippet using v1.9.6 of the WebSDK that you shared but it is not calling the helper.html file. Can you please elaborate more?

ZoomMtg.init({
      });
1 Like

Hey @elearningevolve,

Sure thing! I’m happy to help out. First, I would make sure that you have copied the helper.html to your project and are referencing the correct path to it. Then, when attempting to use registration with the Web SDK the helper.html file will avoid any issues related to Web Isolation that has been enabled.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the response @MaxM
We are testing on the web sdk sample web app so the path is correct and the helper file is already present in the project. The documentation here is very unclear as to how to include the helper file, also the webserver configuration only mentions Nginx what if we are using Apache and want to include these headers on the application level?

According to your suggestion, added the below snippet in /sample-app-web/CDN/js/meeting.js file and tried meeting registration but still the helper.html was not called.

ZoomMtg.init({
      });

Can you please improve the documentation for this major change?

Hey @elearningevolve,

Interesting, I’m not sure what the issue is here then. How are you checking if the file is called? If you aren’t seeing an error when moving through the registration flow then it is being called.

You would follow the standard process to send headers when using Apache. In this case, it seems that would mean using mod_headers to replicate the logic demonstrated with Nginx:

I hope that helps! We’ll work on improving the documentation around this.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM The Chrome network console does not show the helper.html file.
One question, if we achieve Web isolation for the page without the helper.html will that fix the issues that we might encounter in Chrome 92?

Hey @elearningevolve,

Thanks for confirming. By just enabling Web Isolation (without the helper file) you will be able to avoid issues related to the Chrome 92 upgrade. However, when users join a registration required meeting there can be issues related to cross origin requests. This is where the helper file comes in.

Let me know if that helps. I’m happy to set up a meeting to test this out live.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

It worked out. The helper.html file is indeed needed for the registered meeting flow. Thanks for pointing that out. Cheers!

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that was useful. I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.