the first app is for group A type of users
the Second app is for group B type of users

our target is to enable both Group A and Group B members to start video calls

all group members have account on our app
each member in group A can call each member in Group B and vice versa

Which version?
i am using the last version of Android SDK

my question is
§-what is the best practice to make these features , our plan that we don’t require our users to create zoom account ، so each one in each group can initiate the call and the other person will connect on this call

we need basic zoom feature (No fancy ones) like voice and video with share screen(which is a our core from these calls must be available in our app)

1- what is the best way to do this requirement
a- any initial requirements needed for this scenario
b- we want to keep it simple as possible for maintainability and debugging

2- we need this call to be done between both iOS and Android /ios and ios /Android and Android

3- finally i am going to link both codes (Android SDK and iOS SDK ) with our flutter app

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: **xiaomi note 5 **
  • Version

Additional context
i would like to thanks Zoom Developer community for help us boosting our app performance and quality by using Zoom sdks with Q&A section in Zoom developer forum

1 Like

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour, thanks for the post.

To get started with integrating our SDK into your app as smoothly as possible, please refer to our Build an App tutorial for Android and iOS. These guides will show you how to implement a basic app with the Zoom SDK that you can use to join and start meetings.

These guides show only a small portion of the potential use cases of the SDK, so definitely let us know if you run into any issues with something else you are trying to implement which is not present in our documentation.

Thanks!

What about my other questions

I did run the sdk on my android phone
I have issues with my other questions

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour,

Can you be more specific regarding which of your questions are not answered by the topics covered in our SDK documentation?

Thanks!

1- if we want every person to contact his other one for about 3-10 mins video call with share screen feature
which plan will fit our business most?

2- our users will contact each other without having a zoom account only account on our app , the first type of user will have account on the first app and the second type of users will have account on the second app
and the rep will have an account in his rep app with the list of doctors hw will have meeting with them
i need a response ASAP because we are already behind the schedule of submitting these features
thanks
3- i see in the Zoom sdk sample
a- SSO login b- API user c- Email login
i want ot have meetings between users with no sign up with zoom required
what to select?
can API user start video call and share screen?

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour, thank you for clarifying.

which plan will fit our business most?

This is not something that is part of the SDK, but here are some resources that may help you determine which plan is right for you and put you in touch with someone from our sales team:

our users will contact each other without having a zoom account only account on our app , the first type of user will have account on the first app and the second type of users will have account on the second app
and the rep will have an account in his rep app with the list of doctors hw will have meeting with them

I’m sorry, but I do not understand what sort of response you are expecting here. For users to communicate with each other, they would both need to join the same meeting.

i want ot have meetings between users with no sign up with zoom required
what to select?

For two unauthenticated users to participate in a meeting, there needs to be someone with a Zoom account to create the meeting. Otherwise, there will be no meeting for the users to join. Once a meeting has been created by a Zoom account, you can use the join meeting functionality described here to allow these users to join anonymously.

can API user start video call and share screen?

All meetings that are joined will have this functionality available by default, regardless of how the meeting is joined or started. You will find that the default meeting UI provided by our SDKs mirrors the meeting UI you will see in the Zoom Android app.

Thanks!

so that we need like an admin account to create meeting for both type of users
can this meetings creating programmatically?

Meetings can be created through the SDK by using the PreMeetingService. Documentation on how to implement this can be found here.

Thanks!

Jon thanks for your reply ,
my question is , can i create different Scheduled meetings with different time
and allow my app that has zoom SDK integrated to join Scheduled meeting created by me Developer
the users that will join the meetings only join using the meeting id- i don’t want to create accounts for them-
:slight_smile:
they can

1. have a voice/video call

2. share screen

is is applicable for API users ,without me HOST being available in every meeting
P.S some meeting can be held at the same time(overlapping )

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour, thanks for following up on this.

What you are describing would only be possible through the SDK for a logged in user. If a user does not have a Zoom account, the PreMeetingService will not be able to access the user’s meetings because our back end has no way of knowing who the user running your app is without authenticating them.

To accomplish what you are asking through the SDK, you would first need to log in either via Zoom credentials or with an SSO token.

There may be some alternatives available through our REST APIs, for which I would recommend heading over to #api-and-webhooks so that one of my colleagues more well-versed in that area may assist. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

thanks jon
for your reply i was busy with other project and now i am back on track to continue implementing the sdk

now i am about of connecting the sdk to my flutter app but the sample project is 1.38 gb right now
is it normal to be that big?

Hi @mohammed.adel.sorour, no worries on the delay!

Is this the size of your project’s files, or the size of your APK after building the project? If it is the APK size, that is not normal. If it is the project size, there shouldn’t be any issues.

Thanks!

1 Like

i managed to add zoom SDK android to my flutter app , i think i am the first one on planet earth to link zoom sdk to a flutter app LOL . i couldn’t find any useful documentation for this process , i did my own research asking here and there to find a method to do so .
my question is the sdk is not saving any data to the shared pref.
when i was playing with the sdk before integration , it was saving data in shared pref.
now with the link to the flutter app the sdk is not saving any local data e.g email or password

thanks for your help for more than month
i am really open to write any article about how to link flutter app with zoom android sdk
i will do so after finishing my project ASAP

i managed to fix shared pref problem

my question is for an EMail user
a uses who has a zoom account and password
how to capture this user instant meeting id
and password

i would like to get the meeting id and password for instant meeting so that our backend can provide these data to the second user whom will join the created meeting by first user

i tried to see and print getCurrentMeetingID()
but with no hope to get any useful data from it

I’m happy to hear you were able to get our SDK working with your flutter app! While it would be awesome to have a support article on the subject, we do not currently have a good place to host something like this. I will bookmark your post and let you know if the future if we might be able to accept community-driven articles. In the meantime, you are more than welcome to create a public article on medium.com or a similar site! :slightly_smiling_face:

i tried to see and print getCurrentMeetingID()
but with no hope to get any useful data from it

This should be working, regardless of the meeting type. Can you please provide a code snippet showing how you are accessing the meeting ID so that I may better assist?

Thanks!

Thanks for your great response
I am very happy being a part of zoom development family
There is no documentation regarding linking any native code to flutter apps (only short article about battery level example provided by google )
With your great priceless help
I found a way to dig through the linkage between zoom sdk and flutter
I will write an article when it is possible on zoom website regarding this topic after finishing the complete android scenario and i will start doing the same process with the zoom sdk iOS
I think it will be the greatest enhancement for the current sdk ,by helping others linking their existing Flutter project with our well established concrete zoom sdk

That’s great that you plan on writing an article! Just FYI, when you are using the iOS SDK be sure to post in the #client-mobile-sdk:ios category so that we can make sure the right people see your post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

i did so since Nov 8
i was facing errors with both SDKs , right now i am finalizing Android scenario so that i can start doing iOS part

do you have any recommendation to enhance sdk performance with app and before uploading to store
any tips or tricks?

Dear @jon.zoom
the mobilertc folder is about 800 mb
should this folder be uploaded to the git repo of me
or should i i.git ignore it?
and will theses files affect the production app size

I wouldn’t worry about the size of any files other than the release APK. I’m not certain if Flutter will impact the size of the library in a native Android app comes out at roughly 77MB if it is built for all ABI types.

Thanks!