What is the meeting type of a meeting created via zoom app on slack?

What is the type of zoom meeting (i.e. 1, 2, 8 etc) of a zoom meeting created via the zoom-slack app? I was under the assumption that the zoom meetings created on slack are instant meeting and should be of type 1. But when I accessed the meeting information via the zoom api I see that the type is ‘2’ i.e.scheduled meeting.
Is there any other parameter that can be used to check if the meeting created was created from slack?

Hi @ddhiraj ,

According to the documentation here, this is how meeting creation settings are determined:

This will use your default settings from your meeting settings and create a meeting in your Zoom Meeting list. If you have turned on the setting: “Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting”, Slack will start your meeting using your PMI. Additionally, if your meeting settings require a password, the password will be displayed in the Slack channel for all members.

At this time, there is no specific parameter returned from the Get a Meeting API endpoint that shares the source of meeting creation.

Does this help?

But why is the zoom meeting created on the slack app a scheduled meeting? Shouldn’t this be an instant meeting instead? I there any other api or web hook which can determine the source of the meeting creation.

Hi @ddhiraj ,

Unfortunately I cannot speak to the programmatic logic behind the Slack integration outside of what the documentation provides here. I wish I had more information for you, but have been affirmed that this is the way meetings are created via Slack. Additionally, there is no other API or webhook that specified meeting creation origin for integrations at this time.