What OAuth credentials to use when submitting an SDK App for review?

Description
We have a Native MacOS Application that uses Zoom’s Meeting SDK. Following Zoom’s requirements we have switched to OAuth approach, so now our application has two pairs of OAuth credentials: Development and Production.

Now there are two questions:

1. what credentials do I need to use when submitting the app for review
  2. what is the proper way to do that?

There are contradictory statements on Zoom SDK Application page and on the guide here Create an SDK App

The SDK Application configuration webpage for OAuth credentials (the link looks like this: https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/apps/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/sdkoauthcredentials says:

Development
Use these credentials to test your app during the development phase. Zoom will use these credentials during approval.

Production
After Zoom approves your app, the live app on the Zoom Marketplace will use these credentials.

If I understand the statements above correctly I’ll need to make a custom build of our Meeting SDK application with DEVELOPMENT credentials and upload it somewhere only for Zoom Review Team to test. After Zoom Review Team accepts our submission I will be able to distribute a regular build of our application, now with PRODUCTION credentials.

On the other hand the guide Create an SDK App says:

If you chose to publish your app, you’ll see two sets of OAuth credentials, one for development and one for production. Zoom automatically generates the Client ID and Client Secret for both.

Use development credentials to build and test your app.
Use production credentials when you publish your app on Zoom App Marketplace. The Zoom App Marketplace team will also use these to test your app.

According to that for Zoom Review I will need to use PRODUCTION credentials.

The guide tells us to use PRODUCTION and the configuration page tells to use DEVELOPMENT credentials. Can you please advice on this topic? What credentials to use and if it’s DEVELOPMENT then should it be a custom build for review only?

Hi @andrew.sosna ,

Thank you for identifying this miscommunication in our docs. I will work to remediate this. You will submit your production credentials!

Gianni

Thank you, @gianni.zoom

Just to confirm, production credentials do not work until our application passes Zoom review and attempts to sign in with production credentials will fail until then, but Zoom Review Team will be able to enable production credentials locally when reviewing, right?
In other words when submitting a build for review I won’t be able to test Zoom integration with production credentials myself to be sure that I didn’t make a mistake when copying and pasting these credentials?

UPDATE
It looks like something is broken on the Zoom side, probably in DB or the Application Configuration webpage: the PRODUCTION credentials do not work even for me as a Zoom Application Developer or anyone with our Zoom account.
At first I thought that production credentials won’t be useable even internally and I won’t be able to test our application with these credentials until the Zoom approval. Now it looks like there is some bug because Publishable URL contains the old Production Client ID that was updated at some point instead of tue current Production Client ID.

This issue plus the fact that Zoom still sends email notifications to the wrong email address (from this ticket) and that even after updating our application to OAuth it still has “Update” button in the list of applications and is shown as “Intent to publish: No”, “JWT-app” makes me sure that there is something wrong with DB record for our application.

I’m going to submit a support ticket, but @gianni.zoom it would be helpful if you could confirm:
Until I submit our application for Zoom Review and pass it should Production Credentials work at least for our account, at least for me as a developer at least for testing that I didn’t make any mistake when copying them?

Can anyone please answer my question?
Should production credential work, in other words is it possible to sign in to Zoom using production credentials before the application was approved or sent to review for Zoom Marketplace?

In my case neither anyone from our Zoom account nor Zoom App Developers cannot sign in and I am instead getting a message:
{"status":false,"errorCode":4700,"errorMessage":"Invalid redirect: OUR_APP'S_REDIRECT)URL","result":null} although the same redirect works for the previous credentials.

I have submitted a support ticket #14359099) although there is no answer yet and I am blocked with the submission and release.

I really need to have an answer and I cannot get them neither with a support ticket nor here.
Again, the question is:
There is a Meeting SDK App, we want to publish it. When production OAuth credentials are used the sign in process doesn’t work: the browser opens with a standard sign in page but after using Google sign in there is no redirection back to the app and instead we get an error:
{"status":false,"errorCode":4700,"errorMessage":"Invalid redirect: OUR_APP'S_REDIRECT)URL","result":null}

I was told to submit the application with production credentials, but because they don’t work I would have to submit an application with a broken OAuth and I don’t want to do it, unless someone on Zoom side confirms that this is intended behavior, that it’s impossible even for developers to test the app with production credentials before the submission.

Is it possible to get an answer here or in your support tickets system?

Can anyone please answer something about this issue? Our release is blocked for more than a month but the ticket is just being ignored.

I assume Zoom SDK applications are being deprecated since the release of Zoom Apps and questions related to Zoom SDK apps now have lower priority or just ignored, right?

Hi @Andrew,

I am really sorry that you have not gotten a response yet on this issues.
I looked into the open ticket that you have with Developer Support and it looks like one of my colleagues is already taking care of this issue that you are having.

And to your other point, we are still taking questions related to Zoom SDK with the same priority of other topics.

Please let me know if you need anything else from us.
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.