What values shall we expect for currency symbol in call_logs.charge and how to interpret it?

For the app we are developing we are receiving values for call_logs.charge as “$1.99” or “$0.580000098”. It is unclear if that us USD or NZD or something else. Given the customer is based in New Zealand we assume it is NZD, but how can we find out for sure? Also if another customer of ours would be based in let’s say the UK would £ sign come through?

The API documentation doesn’t talk about this unfortunately. It just says it is a string value. It would be great if a clarification could be added, so we would know how to interpret the value.

For the future maybe it would be even better to use ISO 4217 currency codes and/or strip out the currency symbol/code into a separate field.

Which Endpoint/s?
/phone/call_logs

Hi @jvmdsl ,

Good question! I’ll look into this further and get back to you.

Best,
Gianni

1 Like

Hi @jvmdsl ,

The default is USD: if (StringUtils.isBlank(currency)) return DEFAULT_CURRENCY.get(“USD”).

Thank you,
Gianni

Hi Gianni,

Thank you for checking that for us, that is very helpful. Is there a way we can change that default currency to match the invoicing currency?

Best Regards,
Janos

Hey @jvmdsl,

If you navigate to the Billing Information page in your web portal, are you able to change the currency there to affect the API response you’re seeing?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Using an admin user I went to Billing Information page where I can see Currency at the top of the page in a dropdown box. However I have no Edit button next to it and this control is inactive, so it looks like I cannot change it to anything else on this account.

Hey @jvmdsl,

Thank you for following up on this. Please submit a ticket through our Developer Support Center and include a link to this thread.

From there, I’ll work with our team to change the currency displayed in the API.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you for your help in advance. I have raised the following two feature requests for the above
Feature request related to call_logs.charge - separate charge value and currency code

Link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/12653372

Description
As a Zoom Marketplace developer I would like to see charge value and ISO 4217 charge currency code (instead of symbol) as separate fields when I call the /phone/call_logs endpoint, so that I can process these without ambiguity.

Feature request related to call_logs.charge - add currency code query param

Link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/12653337

Description
As a Zoom Marketplace developer I would like to have a currency code query parameter for the /phone/call_logs endpoint (default: billing currency of the account), where I can set the ISO 4217 charge currency code the endpoint returns the charge, so that I can show charge in any supported currencies.

Best Regards,
Janos

Hey @jvmdsl,

Thank you for submitting a feature request! That will allow our engineering team to evaluate those features for a future release.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.