When adding a new Event Subscription to an Oauth app, can I activate it without uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Description

I added a new Event Subscription to our private Oauth Marketplace app. The new endpoint didn’t get any of the events it should have been getting. On zoom.us, I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it via Oauth, and now it does.

However, I have another public app with over 11,000 users. How can I add a new event subscription to get events without asking 11,000 people to uninstall the app and then re-authorize it?

Error

There’s no error message…the new Event Subscription endpoint just didn’t get any events sent to it.

Which App?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create app with event subscription
  2. Install app
  3. Add a new event subscription endpoint with the same events
  4. Cause an event to happen that should go to both subscriptions
  5. Notice that only the first endpoint gets the events

I was able to get this to work by first adding the new Event Subscription, saving it, and continuing through the app configuration, then coming back to the Event Subscription, clicking on the pencil icon, changing but not changing the endpoint (I deleted the last character then added it back), and then saving it a second time. At that point I started getting events at both endpoints!

Hey @scott.halgrim,

I’m glad you got this to work! Great detective work :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.