Zoom App Testing Locally, events stopped working when adding new events

We’re developing new features for our Zoom App, and we added new Zoom Event features in our development app. We use this app to test locally and everyone has it authorized in our workspace.

We noticed that all of our Zoom Events stopped working when we made this change. Simply re-adding did not work. I had to remove and deauthorize the app and then add it back locally for events to begin showing up.

While I expect that any new features may not work until I re-auth, I was surprised to see that already authorized Zoom Events stopped working.

My main concern is, once I do this in our production app, that is in the marketplace, how will this affect our customers? Will ALL of the Zoom Events stop working until they re-authorize? Or is this bug specific to the development apps and local testing?

Has anyone seen or heard about this before? Or am I approaching this wrong? (IE: Should I create a new endpoint for the new scopes?)

2 Likes

I’ve been able to reproduce.

Zoom Events are sent to my two Subscriptions
Add a new Event to an existing Subscription.
Zoom Events are no longer sent to my local testing app for BOTH subscriptions.
Regenerate testing URL
Re-Auth
Zoom Events are sent again.

This is fine for a development app, but if this happens in production this would break our application since we cannot rely on every user re-authorizing by email once we’ve had the new events approved by Zoom.

This is blocking us from developing new features on the Zoom App platform. Can someone please help unblock us and build confidence in the platform we’re investing in. This would be a terrible user experience on the Zoom platform.

1 Like

Hi @ckarpyszyn2
Thank you so much for reaching out to us!

If I am understanding your issue correctly:
You have a Zoom App with two Subscriptions working fine (receiving events to your previously validated endpoint URL), once you try to add a new event to one of those subscriptions, you stop receiving events for both (not only for the one that you added the events to) and the only way to receive events again is reauthorizing the app. Is this correct?

I do not think this is the expected behavior, you should not stop receiving events when you add a new event to any of your subscriptions; you must Re-validate the endpoint where you are receiving those events but I do not see why you stop receiving events.

I will do some testing on my end to try to replicate this behavior and will come back to you shortly
Best,
Elisa

You have a Zoom App with two Subscriptions working fine (receiving events to your previously validated endpoint URL), once you try to add a new event to one of those subscriptions, you stop receiving events for both (not only for the one that you added the events to) and the only way to receive events again is reauthorizing the app. Is this correct?

That’s right. I was able to test this within two different apps and observed the behavior happening. However, I’m unable to recreate the issue today. It’s not inspiring confidence though, because I did observe the behavior and it breaks our application completely because we rely on some key events for critical data.

I do not think this is the expected behavior, you should not stop receiving events when you add a new event to any of your subscriptions; you must Re-validate the endpoint where you are receiving those events but I do not see why you stop receiving events.

What is the expected behavior for our customers in our production app? Everything should continue to work except for the new events? And the new events will only work once they re-authorize?

Hi @ckarpyszyn2
Thanks for confirming that with me.
I am investigating this issue internally and will come back with more information shortly.

1 Like