Where can I find the API change/release log?

Hi there,

I have been trying to find where the Zoom API change/release log can be found but all the links that I have found on the web lead to pages which no longer exist.

Could someone please point me to the current log which is kept up to date?

Also, it seems that various users of the Zoom API have experienced breaking changes in the past without warning which is slightly worrying. A public API shouldn’t experience breaking changes in general, if there are breaking changes it should merit a major version release and a timeframe for deprecating the older version to give developers the necessary time to update their applications.
I haven’t seen any more recent threads on this topic so maybe the Zoom API development/release process has improved to become more stable but it would be nice to hear an official opinion on this :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @christos.dimitroulasm,

Thank you for letting us know about the dead-links, we will update them as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please find the changelog updates for:

1. API
  2. Android
  3. iOS
  4. Mac
  5. Windows
  6. Web

Recently, we have started updating our User’s about changes and we also post on our Developer Blog, so that our users can stay up to date with the recent updates. If you believe that we have failed to communicate any updates with our developers recently, please let us know.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Great thanks for the links. I don’t have any case to report about an update that was not communicated. I was just expressing my concern based on reading some older threads where users were complaining that they experienced breaking changes in the API with little to no warning.

Can you confirm whether the Zoom API team is (to the best of their ability) following Semantic Versioning on this public API?

Hi @christos.dimitroulas,

At this time, we have only have Major Version, Semantic Versioning is currently under development. Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide you with the exact timeline when this feature would be available, but I will update this thread once it is released.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Ojus